cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Very windy last few days-and frequent drop outs?

Message 19 of 19

As above, this has been happening over the last three days or so and I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not.

I've done a test and the results suggest there may be some sort of problem. I don't believe it's inside as everything was working fine until the strong winds came and as well,TalkTalk sent me a new router in 2022. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19
0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thank you.Many apologies 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

OK, I'll cancel it, just let me know when you would like to rebook

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Actually, sorry to mess you about, but something's just cropped up with work. Can you hold off for a few days please? I will have to get back to you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

OK, I've booked the appointment for tomorrow afternoon - January 31 2024, PM  - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Yes, ok for wed but not this Thursday afternoon though. Friday ok

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

We can usually get an appointment next working day so are you available tomorrow if there's an engineer available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Okay 

Can be flexible re times

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Line test is picking up a potential issue so it does look like a fault on the line. If you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

Message 10 of 19

I guess so.Does it look like a fault on the line to you?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

OK, if it's still dropping we can arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi, I am still getting dropouts, albeit for only brief periods at a time. I did get a satisfaction survey last week, implying the problem was resolved, but I have just done another connection test which says there is a problem with my line asking me the same auto questions and taking me through the steps already completed 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

OK thanks. I've run another line test, still picking up a potential problem. Could you just leave the router connected to the test socket for the time being to see if the disconnections continue. If they do then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

I am in the test socket now.please could you re test?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

2 phone sockets. Phone and broadband connected to a socket FTT

C

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

No, telephone is fine now

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is picking up a potential issue. Are you experiencing any problems with you telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes