cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WIFI continuously disconnecting.

DreadKeeper
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Good morning TT,

hub - sagemcom FAST 5364-4.T8

Roughly 3 days ago now all devices in my household began experiencing intermittent wifi connection issues, I have attempted resetting the hub for the 20 minutes recommended which only made the issue worse. I have attempted removing several devices from the wifi then reconnecting them which obviously made no difference. 

I have ran the tests available through the website which all point to a no fault found I have stood infront of the hub when it trips out and the white light goes out completely for 3-5 seconds then comes back on again, are there any other tests that I can perform or any remedies that I have been unable to find? 

look forward to someone’s response

Many thanks

Reece

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi DreadKeeper

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Since the arrival of the new hub the internet appears to have stabilised

thank you all for your support 

Message 3 of 18

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Message 4 of 18

Hi DreadKeeper

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Yes please Debbie that would be much appreciated

Message 6 of 18

Hi DreadKeeper

If this is only happening since the firmware was updated and the router has been factory reset then I will need to send a replacement router. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

I can confirm I have carried out the reset test which has made no difference on the connection it’s still displaying a loading emblem

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi DreadKeeper

Apologies, please can you try a pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Left router offline for 5 minutes and switched back on, devices aren’t auto connecting and when manually attempting to reconnect are just loading see photo attached

IMG_3986.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi DreadKeeper

Could you reboot the router to see if the devices re connect?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Phone should arrive later today, 

just an update have now lost all wifi mobile devices not recognising or connecting to router, talk talk extender has lost communication aswell, laptop being plugged in to router seems to work without error

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi DreadKeeper

Thanks for your reply.

I have also made a change to your router firmware to see how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

I should have a landline coming with Amazon today for testing, this unfortunately is the same issue I’ve had every other year so far being with TT the routers don’t seem to last long for some reason 

0 Likes

Mark1988
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

I have had the same problem several times, it has been the router developing a fault. The agents on here helped me with a replacement router before, although that has started having the same problems again. They don’t seem to last more than a year or so!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi,

Would it be possible to borrow a handset for testing purposes just to rule this out as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection?

Thanks

DreadKeeper
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Hello Michelle,

we have never had a landline phone connected so wouldn’t be able to speak of any noise issues.

And we also do not have any wired devices other then the TT tv box which isn’t used on a day to day basis

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Is the connection also dropping if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes