cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Weak signal

daz45
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

The Router Is located at the front of my house,
Wifi throughout the house Is fine sometimes lose connection In the back of the house .
but The connection does not seem to reach the garden .
what would be the best way to solve this ?? Powerline adapter I see Talk Talk provide one but see no where to purchase or price . Unless I am missing something

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I am waiting to see if this customer still requires my help.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

Hi daz45

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

IT possibly might need a booster, but there are other things worth considering first, that will not cost you anything.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364/5464 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

daz45
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Keith
I have the Sagecom - Fast 5364.  3tb
the one with the big copper coloured plate behind the plastic holes

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Which make/model of router do you have?

Keith

0 Likes