cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Why does Talk Talk only offer city fibre on full fibre?

prescol
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I’ve had a BT engineer installing fall fibre to my premises today, but when I phoned up to upgrade to full fibre Talk Talk team only offered a package  with city fibre. Why don’t they offer openreach  full fibre which I would prefer. it looks like when my contract comes up for renewal is September I’ll be shifting to Sky or EE I would prefer EE because offer their TV package through Apple TV. 

i’ve been we Talk Talk now since 2008, in September I probably will sadly leave.

I'm no expert, i'm just a guy!
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

OK, well if Full Fibre isn't available from City Fibre but it is from Openreach then it should be available from ourselves soon hopefully

Chris

prescol
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Yes just checked the openreach  website it’s available as well as G-fast which I  currently already gotThis is a picture of the websiteThis is a picture of the website

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Erm, that's not actually true as I along with I am sure many thousands of others have Full Fibre from TalkTalk via Openreach. If you do not live in a freehold property there may be other arrangements in place with individual providers. Don't take anything that Openreach engineers say as definitive, whatever you do!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

We do provide full fibre from Openreach so if the engineer said the we don't provide Full Fibre from Openreach to anyone then this is most definitely incorrect. Does full fibre (FTTP) show as being available for you on the Openreach website?

Chris

0 Likes

prescol
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

that’s not actually true cause I spoke to the BT engineer as he was installing the fibre in my premises and he said Talk Talk only provide city fibre. And my house and Association is not given permission for City fibre to be installed into flats. We have to wait to open reach install which they have done today but I cannot upgrade with Talk Talk as they don’t provide full fibre with openreach.

so sadly I may be moving over to EE in September , which are doing very good prices.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi prescol,

As Keith says, it depends who owns the network in your area. I'm currently on FTTC on BT Openreach network. FTTP isn't available from Openreach an won't be any time soon but City Fibre are laying the cable on our estate now so it will soon be available

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The provider of a full fibre network is independent of the ISP. It all depends on which company owns the new fibre network, it could be (in no specific order):-

• Openreach
  • CityFibre
  • Freedom Fibre
  • Numerous other alt nets.

If you change to another ISP, the fibre cabling provider will still be the same.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes