cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WiFi Dropping out

phone23
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi

We had our internet upgraded in October to Full Fibre and it has been great until about 3 - 4 weeks ago. 

The Wifi suddenly seems to drop for a couple of seconds then reconnects.  If I turn the router off and switch back on it will be fine for a day or two but then have the same problem. At first it was every couple of days but now it is daily. 

Yesterday morning my granddaughter was playing her tablet and it disconnected 3 times in 30 minutes.  It will just disconnect for 1-2 seconds and says check your internet connection then reconnect. 

Last night I turned off the ONT and Router for 15 minutes and it has been fine until 14.45 today when dropped again.

We have a couple of tablets (different models) and a PlayStation using the Wifi and it happens to all of them. This can happen any time of the day - morning, afternoon or late at night. 

The router is on the 2nd floor and we get great signal in all the rooms. Speed is also great.

Wifi Signal strength is full bars on her tablet and I checked the speed of the tablet and it is 138 mbps. 

I also have a PC connected via Ethernet cable to the router and that is fine no problems with that.

The router we have is Sagemcom-FAST5464.

Would this be a problem with router?

Many thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi @phone23 

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi 

I have been testing the new router since last Monday.  It seems to be working better than the old router.

So I have returned the old router today.

Many thanks for your help. 

Message 3 of 14

No problem, thanks 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Chris

That's great thank you.

I will keep you updated

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Glad to hear that you've received the router. It's OK to try it for a couple of weeks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi 

I have received the replacement router today and just plugged it in. 

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

How long should I test it for before sending the old router back?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

No problem, thanks 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Chris

Brilliant thank you.  I will let you know once i receive it.

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Yes the replacement router will be the same, I'll order it now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Morning Michelle

Yes please. 

I have Digital voice, would the replacement router be the same so it would allow me to plug my phone in?

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi Chris

I haven't sorry.  It drops out so quick and then back on again i don't think i would get there in time. 

I have just checked now and the lights are all green.  They were green yesterday when i turned it off and I waited for them to all come back on.  The router is a solid white light.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi phone23,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Have you noticed if the lights change on the ONT when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes