cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

lose connection

Michael1989
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Hello . 6 days ago my fiber broke. they are not fixing it for the next week, that's what they told me, is there a sufficient reason to terminate the contract with talktalk due to their fault without incurring additional costs on my part?

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

Further information on our compensation policy can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Michael1989
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 39

Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I have finally been connected to the Internet, what do I need to do to get compensation

Message 3 of 39

HI Michael1989

The engineer visit has been arranged for 31/01 AM (8am - 1pm)

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

there is almost always someone at home so it works any day, any time, as soon as possible please

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Hi Michael1989

Apologies, the notes on the fault advised that Openreach were making contact to arrange the visit.

I can see that this has been arranged for 31/01.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 39

I only received an e-mail from TalkTalk that there were problems with my connection and if I have not booked an engineer's visit, I have to do it, but Openreach did not contact me

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Hi Michael1989

Just to confirm, have Openreach made contact with you to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Hi Michael1989

We've received the below update from Openreach today:

Works have been scheduled for today, task has also been issued to engineer today for them to complete the works once the pole works have been completed, I will review 30/01.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

does anyone know how long it will last, it's been a month since the poisoned connection, people come with equipment, stand there doing nothing and then drive away, this is not what the repair looks like, I'm really fed up with it

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I've contacted Openreach this morning and they have advised that the engineer needs to complete further work and the next update will be due on 29/01.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

Hi Michael1989

Openreach have provided an update to advise that pole works have now been scheduled for 25/01.

I will continue to monitor for additional updates.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I've spoken to Openreach again this morning and they have advised that work is still ongoing and further updates should be available tomorrow 23/01.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I've contacted Openreach for an update on this fault and they have advised that the engineers are still working on this fault and the next update will be available on 20/01.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

@Michael1989, I posted the automatic compensation link in my first reply.

It is probably worth waiting for resolution, in which case the compensation per day is generous and covers likely extra costs.

If you simply leave, you won't receive the compensation. 

Only after around a month or so is waiver of early termination fees considered.

You have nothing to lose by giving them more time, as it's a wider infrastructure problem, not specific to your line, and any other ISP using the same infrastructure is not going to be able to sort it any sooner - it's the same engineers etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Hi Michael1989

Apologies. Once the fault has been resolved then we can look at our compensation policy for total loss of service faults.

About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

I understand that there will be the same problem, but my neighbors received replacement internet such as an unlimited data dongle, and I have already spent over £100 on it and the only thing you offer is not to charge me for the fact that I couldn't use it

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Hi Michael1989

You should be able to contact our Loyalty Team on 03451720088

One last thing, if you do move your service to another provider and they are using the same copper line then you will have the same fault until this is resolved by Openreach.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

Can I get some contact information for this team?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I'm sorry for the delays. The timescales are due to the work needed to resolve this fault.

The fault is in hand with Openreach engineers and they have said that they working to fix this fault as quickly as possible.

If you would to prefer to discuss cancelling your contract then you would need to contact our Loyalty Team to arrange this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

hey, you know 24/01/24 it will be a month since I have no connection. as the first person who replied to my post wrote, this is the date on which I can terminate the contract without incurring any costs, I'm sorry but I don't see the point in keeping something I can't use.

0 Likes