cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

lose connection

Michael1989
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Hello . 6 days ago my fiber broke. they are not fixing it for the next week, that's what they told me, is there a sufficient reason to terminate the contract with talktalk due to their fault without incurring additional costs on my part?

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 21 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I've spoken to Openreach this morning and they have advised that the planning target finish date is 24/01/2024 and the works target start date is 28/01/2024. Works target finish date is 28/01/2024.  However Openreach are endeavouring to complete this work earlier. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 39

Hi Michael1989

Openreach have advised that the engineers are still working on this fault and the next update is due on 12/01/24.

We will monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 39

Hi Michael1989

I will contact Openreach this morning for an update and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 39

hello there, is there any new update?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 39

Hello,

They have provided an update to advise that they are still working on resolving the cabling fault and the next update is due on the 09/01. We'll check back on this date and will update you then.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 26 of 39

Hi again,

I've contacted Openreach directly for an update on this now and they have advised us to check back again at the end of the day as there is no further update as yet.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 27 of 39

Hi Michael,

I've re-checked for an update as the review date is for today but there is no additional update as yet. I'll re-check again this afternoon.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 28 of 39

Afternoon Michael,

Apologies, it looks like more cabling work is required by Openreach to resolve this fault. We'll continue to monitor for updates for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 39

why does it take so long. no one comes to fix it, two apartments have no internet and in the meantime the neighbor's cable was also broken

0 Likes

Message 30 of 39

Hi Michael,

There was a update about 20 minutes ago about pole reset, there is a further review date set for Friday. I'll check for an update then

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 39
0 Likes

Message 32 of 39

Thank you 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 39

OK thanks. This is still in hand with Openreach, a review date has been set for tomorrow so I'll check again tomorrow for further updates, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 39

I don't have landline, customer/contract number if it helps

0 Likes

Message 35 of 39

OK, could you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 39

nothing has changed at all, I don't have any update,

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 37 of 39

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, apologies for any inconvenience. Have you heard anything further since your last post?

Thanks

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 39

No - it's got to be unresolved for a month, @Michael1989, before they can consider waiving early termination fees.

Given that engineers are working on many weather related incidents on top of demand over the holidays to sort things out, it's not surprising if there's a delay.

You will be entitled to automatic compensation for the excess days with total loss of service, though.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Compensation is paid c 30 days after resolution of the fault.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes