cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

speed drops/connection issues

GrayFox
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hi.

Have had connection problems last few weeks. First disconnecting and reconnecting several times a day then stabilizing but now speeds have dropped a lot. Should be getting around 70mb but now getting 30mbps through speed tests.  Gone through the service centre back and forth a few times either saying connection is fine or going through a fault to be then told it's fixed when it's still the same..

Have tested via router of for 30mins, master socket, checked all connections and gone though direct connection no wifi and no changes.

Thanks...

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi GrayFox

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Morning

Funny, our internet as been stable for 5 days now with no disconnects.

If issues return I'll bump this thread...

Message 3 of 19

Morning,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 19

Hi GrayFox

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send you the replacement router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hear no interference on the line and it is cordless. And yes please send replacement, Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a few tests on the line now which are clear. Can I just confirm, do you mean that you hear interference on the voice service? Are you using cordless handsets? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the router can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

GrayFox
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 19

We had this open reach engineer come out about 2 weeks ago. He got his tablet out and took the speeds and said our filter was the issue with overpowering the line or something. Left a new master socket mk4 and said to run directly back to router. We got a new ADSL 10m cable and ran it around the house back to the router. No difference what-so-ever! If not worse, disconnects every 5-10mins on a bad day.

My guess now it's either the line (had a few people now on the telephone pole at random days) or from what I think is the main issue, the router!  A replacement router next please!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi GrayFox

I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi, Debbie.

Should of answered sooner. He found a fault with our equipment being a cable and a filter and it's been back too it's full speed since.

Message 10 of 19

Hi GrayFox

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi GrayFox

Thanks for confirming your details. I have arranged the engineer visit for 13/10 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi GrayFox

I have replied to your Private Message to confirm some further details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi GrayFox

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Yes please

Message 15 of 19

Hi GrayFox

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed another line test this morning and the same fault towards the property has been detected.

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property, would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

It is now

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi GrayFox

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Until the line has a chance to stabilise, speeds will usually be lower after so many disconnections, @GrayFox.

Leave it on for now.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.