cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

throttle

butterboy
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,my speed is way below expected,having trouble just accsesing this site Speed tests show 2mb-5mb.Been like this for about 4 days otherwise 10y+ great.

Phone line is down dial tone intermitent but need to sort broadband as priority

Live chat master socket wifi lan tests all done

Still running on original h633 router perhaps an upgrade would be an idea like other isps

Cant even browse with this speed this is a joke guaranteed 16mbs as below.

Out of contract and this is why i havent renewd yet!

thanks for any help.

butterboy_0-1699922030083.png

butterboy_1-1699917723259.png

butterboy_0-1699917459723.png

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi butterboy

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Looks like the engineer was telling the truth,the master socket street entrance is an empty shell ,no connected test socket. That is at the extention socket and the dial tone is perfect now but no internet,taken me over an hour to load and reply to this page.

IMG_0635.jpegIMG_0634.jpegIMG_0632.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Looks like the engineer was telling the truth,the master socket street entrance is an empty shell ,no connected test socket. That is at the extention socket and the dial tone is perfect now but no internet,taken me over an hour to load and reply to this page.

IMG_0635.jpegIMG_0634.jpegIMG_0632.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Ok ill give it a go ,its only what the engineer told us.

thanks.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

The fact that an extension socket is hard-wired to the master socket does not make it a test socket. That remains the point where the external wiring initially enters the property and will be accessible by removing the faceplate from the master socket. Try connecting there for the time being as suggested and the support team can check again. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Thank you for getting back to me,

when installed i remember the engineer say the test socket in the hall is now bypassed and installed an extension lead (hard wired)to the living room hence that becoming the test socket and the lead from hall to living room  is degraded and if pressed i get a dial tone and some internet.I would just get a new lead but one end is wired up inside the hall test socket.

If an  internal engineer is advisable thanks.

0 Likes

butterboy
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for getting back to me,

when installed i remember the engineer say the test socket in the hall is now bypassed and installed an extension lead (hard wired)to the living room hence that becoming the test socket and the lead from hall to living room  is degraded and if pressed i get a dial tone and some internet.I would just get a new lead but one end is wired up inside the hall test socket.

If an internal engineer is advisable thanks.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi

As the broadband shares part of the line with the phone circuit, any impact to this will affect the broadband.

Line tests show a possible loop fault in or near your home.

Can you confirm that you have unplugged everything from the phone socket and tested a known working phone handset directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one, and the issues with the phone persist.

If this is confirmed, then we can progress to an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes