cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Adding another eero.

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I have recently upgraded to full fibre 150 and I'm really pleased with it. However, only one eero 6 router is provided and I am still using an old router upstairs as a wifi extender. It works reasonably well but, I would like to replace it with another eero router, not an eero extender as I need ethernet connectivity upstairs.

So:

Can I get another router from Talktalk?

If so, can I have an upgraded model eero 6+ or eero pro 6 or, does it have to be another eero 6?

Are they available to buy or rent and cost?

There are loads of eero routers for sale online but I thought I'd explore this option first.

Thank you.

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi paullus,

Glad to hear that you are happy with the way your network is performing. Thanks for returning the eero, I've ordered a returns bag as requested, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Good evening.
I received my additional eero 6 as promised however, I haven't used it and it is still unopened.

There are two reasons for this, firstly I took advantage of a cracking deal Amazon was offering on a set of three eero 6 Pro routers and I have installed them.

Secondly, I discovered one of the ethernet cables I installed years ago had clearly been damaged during some work I had done at home and I was only getting 100mbs through it. I have now replaced the damaged cable.

My network is now working brilliantly and pretty well future-proofed for if and when I upgrade to a faster service.

Therefore the eero 6 router Talktalk kindly sent is surplus to requirements and I think it only fair that I should return it.

Please can you arrange this for me?

Kind regards,

Steve

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Sorry, it is free, just ignore the email, it's automatically sent when we order and eero. You wont be charged (the order confirmation shows £0 charge)

Chris

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

Hi Chris.

I've just received a confirmation email from Talktalk which states that I'm being charged an £89 one-off fee for this.

I thought it was free?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Steve

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi paullus,

I'll order the eero now, as Keith has said, it will be another eero 6

Thanks

Chris

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 11

Thanks Keith.

I was just thinking of future proofing if I upgrade to a faster package.

Kind regards,

Steve

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

It will be the same one. Even if it was the Eero 6 Pro, when connected to the Eero 6, it would only have the same capabilities of the slower one.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

paullus
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Hi Chris.

That would be great thank you.

Will it be a standard eero6 or is there an upgraded version option?

Thank you,

Steve

Full Fibre 150
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi paullus,

If you are experiencing wifi connectivity issues with just the one eero we can send another one to test with, this would be free of charge. Would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and advise you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?