cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Digital voice

Talman
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4
  • Hi 

Jjust a quick question. I had full fibre installed today, which is already amazingly fast! Everything seems to be working except my phone line. I have connected everything up to the digital voice box both the power light and Internet light are showing solid blue, however the phone light is showing nothing.

I can get a dial tone and if I try to ring a number the telephone blue light flashes but I get what almost sounds like a engaged tone. When I ring the land-line number nothing happens. 

Is there a delay before the digital voice service kicks in, or am I being a little dense? As far as I am aware I have registered the phone to the base unit!

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning Dave,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Michelle

Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your response! It is all sorted and working fine! The telephone light started flashing last night and I can now make and receive calls!

Best wishes Dave 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try the below please.

RESETTING YOUR DIGITAL VOICE ADAPTER

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.
Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes