cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Drastic interference within my router by TalkTalk

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 60

To TalkTalk

Everything was OK re WIFI until yesterday.

All my devices that used to be under 5GHz have now been put under 2.4GHz and vice versa.

Please disable WIFI optimization now.

Don't do it again.

Please stop connecting to my router at least once a day.

Bill

0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk 

The MyAccount is back online. Thank you. It does acknowledge in a top banner, that there was some type of fault, and seems that it is now fixed.

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 60

Remember, I don't do games, I don't do streaming, I don't do TV streaming.  This should be the easiest account to run.

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 60

You sure have a good system going on there, TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk 

Oh, Thanks very much.

But why do I have to go through hell for a week?

Anyway, there are new problems, right now.

I have initiated two reboots this morning, 1, a warm reboot from my screen, and a second cold reboot by switching off the router for half an hour.

Now, when I go to my usual link to log into MyAccount, I AM shown to be logged in, as my avatar is present and I can log out,  but none of the rest of my account appears on my screen. In other words, the rest of the loading does not get loaded.

What is happening NOW?

Bill

0 Likes

Message 25 of 60

Hi Bill,

Our Product team have confirmed they have disabled wifi optimisation as requested

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 60

@ferguson

I am wasting a week of my time.

This can't carry on.

Tell TalkTalk to stop continual monitoring of my system.

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Message 27 of 60

@Billx 

You must know by now when the support team are online. They say they are looking into this for you, wait for a further reply. 

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 60

The misdeed was repeated at 11.04.2024 21:32:58.

The event was: Channel: (52/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 60

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

We have a repeat of the misdeed.

At 11.04.2024 14:32:57 today, my router was interfered with by someone external to my network, and its settings were changed, without my permission. That of course disrupted my system.

The event was: Channel: (52/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated.

Can you explain who or what made that change?

Can you pass this message to your Devices Team, they might know

Bill

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 60

@Chris-TalkTalk 

At 11.04.2024 13:33:58 today, my router was interfered with by someone external to my network, and its settings were changed, without my permission. That of course disrupted my system.

The event was: Channel: (52/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated.

Can you explain who or what made that change?

Can you pass this message to your Devices Team, they might know.

Bill

0 Likes

Message 31 of 60

Hi Bill,

I've passed your comments over to the devices team and I will post back here as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 60

TalkTalk, please do not continue logging into my router, using TR-069 connection (acs.talktalk.co.uk)

Between 7:30 and 8:30 this morning, you connected 9 times. What for? If you want something, ask in an email.

There are various other connections later.

Please do your tests at your place, not mine.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 60

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I suggest the Device Team use its own resources, not mine.

They have to test their routers before they issue them, not after.

Its a matter of getting one the routers, accessing all the software in it, and then testing it. Then putting it back in the router/in all routers. Its a one-time event.

The software DOES need a good layout, which it doesn't have.

Please disable WIFI optimisation

Please do not do any factory reboot.

Please do not use my devices to test your software.

I don't want my 5MHz sub-network getting confused and tied in with the 2.4GHz sub-network

Remember that optimisation is a type of AI, which usually doesn't get anything right.

If you can't disable WIFI optimisation, then ask the Devices Team, to do so.

My computers are doing fine now, because I spent quite a few hours checking and putting all my settings back to where they were.

Your Devices Team, need not spend any more time, busying themselves with my devices.

Could you, @Michelle-TalkTalk,  pass this message to your Devices Team?

Bill

0 Likes

Message 34 of 60

Hi Bill,

Until recently we were able to switch off the wifi optimisation, however we've been asked to stop this so the team can investigate why the wifi optimsation is not adjusting your wireless connection accordingly. I've passed your comments back over to our Devices Team and asked them to confirm what the next step will be so I will keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 60

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

When TalkTalk unsplit the 5GHz and the 2.4 GHz sub-networks, i.e. when TalkTalk joined them on the 07/04/2024, by performing an unwanted factory reset and then performing another unwanted reset yesterday, that is  what caused all the problems I was having.

Refer to the title of of my OP, 'DRASTIC INTERFERENCE WITHIN MY ROUTER BY TALKTALK' . So, why would I try unsplitting the SSIDs again? Yes I have already split the sub-networks to be separate. I don't want them joined.

I asked @Chris-TalkTalk  'So, how do you propose to change my settings back to where they were?

I want to know whether there is simple way to recover the settings I had before the 07/04/2024 TalkTalk interference than I doing a whole factory resetting.

Can you or the Devices Team, answer that, if @Chris-TalkTalk can't. ?

And have you now disabled WIFI optimization? @Chris-TalkTalk insisted that TalkTalk might not disable it. Quit playing about.

Oh, I didn't notice earlier, that the Devices Team said that 'WIFI optimisation should be helping'. No it will not help. But disabling WIFI optimisation, WILL help. Could the Devices Team do it, please?

Bill

0 Likes

Message 36 of 60

Hi Bill,

We did ask the team about switching off the wifi optimisation, however the team would like to get to the bottom of the issue that is causing this as they said the wifi optimsation should be helping. Can I just confirm, have  you tried unsplitting the SSID's to see if this is still happening, we can then feed this straight back to the team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 37 of 60

No, I will no try that. That's a useless option.

Doing that, will wipe out ANY settings.

Did you inform the Devices Team, what I asked @Chris-TalkTalk ? This is important.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 60

Hi Bill

Could you try factory resetting the router back to default settings again?

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 60

Are you there, @Debbie-TalkTalk ?

0 Likes

Message 40 of 60

@Debbie-TalkTalk 

Yes

Did you inform the Devices Team, what I asked @Chris-TalkTalk ?

0 Likes