cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

EERO 6 - Blink (Sync Module 2)

AndyCurry76
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi

Recently changed ISP to Talk Talk and subsequently installed the Eero 6 Mesh system which is working perfectly fine.

However, I have been unable to link my Blink Camera System to the network .  The error message I get is “most likely cause incorrect password”.  

There appears to be several suggestions on the internet and I have tried all of the below:

- Triple checking password

- Factory reset on the Sync Module 2

- Temporarily turning off the 5ghz 

- Turning on Legacy mode

None of which has worked?! I have no special characters in my password.

Hopefully someone can assist!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithRan
Participant
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

I have two Blink Sync module 2 units running on Eero Pro 6 (Eero OS v 7.2.2-16). They work fine for me but didn't initially.

The solution was turn off power to the Sync modules. In the Eero 6 app under Discover/ eero labs make sure WPA3 is off. Under Settings/ Troubleshooting select 'My device is 2.4 Ghz only' and hit  'Temporarily Pause 5 Ghz'. You then have 10 minutes to turn on your Sync modules

Additional note: I renamed my Eero network and password to be the same as my previous router to avoid any config problems

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

On the Eero, you will need legacy mode on, otherwise it will never connect. I suspect that this IoT device will only work on the 2.4GHz band.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Andy,

Have you tried contacting Blink's support line, they may be able to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle

It appears that BLINK does not support wifi 6!

Is there a workaround? I have tried turning off Legacy mode and 2.4 only but that didn’t work? 

I have around 6 Blink Cameras and a Blink Door Bell.. I’d really like to get these operational.

thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Andy,

Can I just confirm, does this device support Wifi 6? Does the device also have the latest software version?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes