cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6

Gateman148
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Just upgraded from Fibre 65 to 150 and received Eero 6 today.

Problem 1.    My previous TalkTalk hub has a phone socket and four Ethernet sockets plus a WPS Button. Connecting my landline phone was therefore very easy but the Eero does not appear to support this as it only has two ethernet sockets.

Problem 2.  I can't get my Mac to connect wirelessly to my HP printer now I've installed the Eero 6 whereas it was a simple matter with the TalkTalk hub by connecting it via the WPS button.

I have spent ages trying to sort this and cannot get through to the TalkTalk helpline.

Can anyone provide an explanation to my problems?

Thank you.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

I agree with @Michelle-TalkTalk you should have also been provided with the Grandstream ATA for the Digital Voice. To answer your other questions:-

1. No enough Ethernet ports. You can buy 5 port Gigabit data switches very cheaply online.
  2. The Eero does not support WPS at all. I do have a workaround if you still have your old router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Morning,

Just to confirm, when you received the eero did you also receive a Grandstream Digital Voice Adapter, as this is how you would connect the phone?

What happens when you try to connect the printer?  - Problems connecting a device to eero - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes