cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero Pro: Ludicriously slow on iPhones?

zyjack
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Two Eero Pro 6 setup on Fibre 900.

One in Front Room, one in back room (office). Not massively spaced out, but doesn't matter for this.

I'm in Office, where the second Eero is wired into the PC - gets 850mb. Then the following on Wi-Fi all connected to that one.

Macbook Air - 250mb

iPad - 250mb

PS5 - 360mb

2 iPhone 12's however.... can't even get to 10mb?

I've turned private wi-fi off, and doesn't help. Very strange? Any other tips or is this just a known Eero issue?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

OK, thanks for that. Please can you find out if the iPhones are using WiFi 6, 5, 4 or slower? I would think that you will have to look in the iPhone for that, I cannot help you with that, as I do not use these phones. Google may help you. It might be possible to determine this from the device listing within the app, but I am doing this from theory only, as I do not have an Eero.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

I did it quick to get most pages in as you could of paused where needed, as I wasn't sure which screenshots you needed?

1st eero. (wired to ONT)

2.4ghz , channel 1, control 1

5ghz(low), channel 58, control 52

5ghz(high) channel 106, control 104

2nd eero (in office).... is all the same.

iPhone-12 - Wireless (5 Ghz)

2nd iPhone - Wireless (5 Ghz)

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

That is far too quick, let's try a different approach. If you look at the Radio analytics page in the app, tap first on the 2.4GHz band near the top and at the bottom it will tell you which channel is in use, then tap the 5GHz band & look at the Channel & Control Channel numbers.

What channels is it using?

Now go to the Device Listings in the app. Tap on each slow phone, one at a time & tell me which WiFi band is shown in the Connection Type section.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Wasn't sure what you meant specifically, so instead of multiple pictures here's a youtube unlisted short.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2LSqrnTosuE

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Yes please, the radio analytics screen that you mentioned before. To be on the safe side, please can you get me this screenshot from each Eero?

Thanks.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Screenshot of what specifically? The analytics of each router? Or the iPhones home page on the Eero?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi zyjack

I'm sorry to hear this.

@KeithFrench is really good at diagnosing wireless issues and I can see that he has offered to help.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

Can you get me a screenshot of this, as you have not said which channel it is on?

Keith

Message 9 of 11

Says "2.4ghz, 5ghz (low), 5ghz (high)"

I think?

Says both iPhones are 5Ghz.... within a meter of the eero. Just like the other comparable products I'm testing. It doesn't even go above 2mb..

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

First, what 5GHz channel are the Eeros on. Check in the Eero app for that under Radio Analytics. Which WiFi bands are each of the iPhones on?

Keith