cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

External IP

Ludo96
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Good morning

My partner and myself have been with talktalk for over 5 years, recently moved house, signed up for full fibre with the house move well over a month ago and ever since have had nothing but issues with these Eeros devices, the customer service and otherwise living without the service I signed up for.

Followed all the steps to set the Eeros 6 up, phone connected, data available, Bluetooth working fine, continuously get the 'External IP' error message

After several LONG phone calls with different customer service agents following their instructions to do resets to the equipment and waiting while they do their diagnostics with nothing changing, I then speak to the Eeros manufacturer, who are far more helpful! Informed me that the error is on talktalks side and also sent over an email firstly confirming that the issue is talktalks side and secondly sending over a list of possible fixes.

I call talk talk again with the email ready and the customer service agent had zero interest in listening the what the email entailed just made me run through all the steps the previous 2 agents made me go through. They then called out an openreach engineer who before even attending my address confirmed that it sounded like an error talktalks end. Engineer then tried calling talk talk to help me out with the issue I'm the hope that tech support would transfer him through to the office in the UK.

That didn't happen and the poor chap sat on the phone for an hour while the tech support made him run through the very same steps even after telling him that it was definitely there side and asking multiple times to be put through to there office in the UK.

Fast forward to this week and I've been sent a different router the hub2 I believe and low and behold it still doesn't work. I don't want to kick up a stink we just want the service we pay for (bill payment due next couple of days) 

Someone please help 

I also have screenshots from app and manufacturers email but won't let me post

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Could you try connecting a device directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable, bypassing the eero, and check to see if you then have an Internet connection

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Yeah I've been trying Keith's suggestion. With no joy. I'm honestly about to just give up. Utterly atrocious service. Not had a single days service since my go live date. I have every man and his dog telling me this is a problem talk talk side yet here I am repeating the same things over and over again expecting different results....I'm sure that's literally the definition of insanity......

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Thanks Ludo, have you tried Keith's suggestion?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Have you tried turning the ONT & Eero off for at least 30 minutes, then turn just the ONT back on & once that has settled down, turn the Eero back on?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 13

Doesn't give an error code, get as far as trying to connect to the internet on the eero app. Comes up with the failed message I click on the "see more" button and it just comes up with "external IP" error message

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

The power, PON and the Lan lights are on

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

OK, which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Ludo96 

You are not giving any details about your problem & have not answered my question.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Still been no change in the service at all. Was about to call up and make another complaint

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Hi Ludo96,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Hi @Ludo96 

Exactly what External IP message is this?

Keith

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

When they actually get this sorted out, look out for some compensation due to the delay in getting you set up, @Ludo96:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Staff will not be back on here before Monday. Please make sure that you have put your account number  / Talktalk telephone number in Personal Information in your profile area. Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu.....SAVE CHANGES. 

If you are wanting to load any images into your thread, use the image / camera icon at the end of the row of font options in the message box that you are typing in. Ensure that no private information is visible in the image. It will take you through to your files. Select the image and wait for it to load fully into the message box before clicking on the blue post button. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes