cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 150 and VoIP

Sleesey
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi 

we need to switch to fibre as working from home is just not happening on snail broadband. However, we also need to be able to use VoIP and keep our landline number - we have really poor mobile phone reception, so not having VoIP is not an option when we switch to fibre. @talktalk 150 suggests that we can’t use VoIP though. Can anyone help - I’d rather not spend hours with the chat bot!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

@Chris-TalkTalk I am currently on Fibre 35 (FTTC)

The question regarding calls is not as clear as it could be on the upgrades and offers page

OptionsOptions
Selecting the first two takes me to data-only full fibre packages.

The bottom two take me to a page that shows the usual upgrades for FTTC customers, add TV or call packages, no full fibre with VoIP option at all.

Will have to call and see what is available later this year, I daren't call now in case there is any misunderstanding and they place an order which cannot be completed as I'll be away for a while.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi martswain,

I actually thought that VoIP is available for all customers upgrading to Full Fibre on Openreach but could be wrong. The 'I require a landline' option is for customer who actually require a physical landline (rather than VoIP) because they have a care alarm or medical device that needs a telephone line to function, or multiple telephone extension sockets that they want to continue to use.

If you are thinking of upgrading it's definitely worth speaking to sales to see what they can offer.

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

@Sleesey apologies for the slight threat hijack, please let us know how you get on.

@Gliwmaeden2 sorry, but you're missing my main point, any customer who is not on this forum and doesn't know better will just go elsewhere if they need a phone service if not offered via the upgrade page.

There is a massive ad on my account offering 900 Mbps full fibre data only but if I go via the Offers and Upgrades page and select the radio button saying I require a landline I get redirected to the usual FTTC offers of inclusive calls, TV etc

Clicking on the full fibre offers there is a warning that there is no phone service available.

@Chris-TalkTalk perhaps you could clarify the company position on this and why, according to @Gliwmaeden2 I may be able to get VoIP by calling customer services even though it is not available via my account.

I cannot test the phone option now as I will be going away for a while.

Message 4 of 11

It's still the case that VOIP is not mentioned but is available if you speak directly to Talktalk, not just clicking through My Account. 

Openreach has no deal here with Talktalk for full fibre, despite supplying the local copper line.

It's a totally different ballgame when it comes to Full Fibre, nothing to do with the old copper agreements. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

@Gliwmaeden2 I am NOT looking at the "New Customer" pages, I posted what I am seeing in the upgrades page in my TT account and if you re-read my post you will see that it is Openreach that have cabled my street so there shouldn't be any issue with TT VoIP over that!

Quite frankly TT are going to lose existing customers if all they see are data only offers, there is no option on the account pages to specify that VoIP is required.

Very poor.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Current customers always need to specifically ask for VOIP with their full fibre upgrade, so not as advertised for new customers, @martswain.

And who they team up with for the infrastructure depends on the area etc. City Fibre runs through the street outside my house, and Talktalk works with them elsewhere but not specifically here.

I should think we can't even begin to imagine the amount of admin involved in all the contracts for the infrastructure, let alone individual customer arrangements. Gargantuan. 

Can't be done all at once.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

My street has recently been cabled by Openreach however TT are not offering VoIP with any of their upgrade options but it seems to be available with other ISPs.

Seems a bit of an odd policy decision.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi Sleesey,

Welcome to the Community. I can see that Keith has pointed you in the right direction but please let us know if you need any further assistance from the Community team

Chris

Sleesey
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

@KeithFrench That’s amazing news - thanks so much. 😀 will be on the case now to get this.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

You will need to talk to the loyalty department & ask them for full fibre 150 with Digital Voice. They can be contacted on their direct numbers 0345 1725157 or 0330 1278960.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?