cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Flashing PON following installation

KeithRan
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I have had my upgrade to full fibre installed. The ONT has green lights for Power and LAN and a flashing green light for PON. My understanding from the engineer was that some backend work needs to be completed and that once the PON turns solid green, I will be able to connect the Eero.

Does anyone have experience of how long this delay will be? Many thanks

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

That's great news Keith, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Message 2 of 13

Hi Chris

Just had a visit from Openreach and its all working with 3 green lights. Getting 740Mbps down and 106 up and this is while it is still updating! This case can be closed off now.

I really appreciate all the help from you guys.

Many thanks

Message 3 of 13

Hi Keith,

There's an update saying this has been passed to the Survey team as external network work needs to be done. There's a review date set for the 5th so if you could bump the thread on Tuesday we'll check for updates

Chris

KeithRan
Participant
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Hi guys

I contacted Openreach yesterday who validated my enquiry but said I would need to speak to TalkTalk and they would update you on this outstanding issue.  Have you heard anything and do we have a resolution date for when the 900Mb connection will be working? My 65Mb connection is still working so I am not desperate but just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

OK Keith thanks for letting me know

Chris

Message 6 of 13

Hi Chris

Openreach engineer has just visited. He confirmed the new line has been connected to the wrong headend and is emailing the Tiger Team to get it switched over.  He also confirmed there is capacity on the new pole to make this happen

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

OK thanks Keith, please let us know how you get on tomorrow

Chris

Message 8 of 13

Hi Chris

Openreach have sent me a text to say they are coming tomorrow morning (28th). Although the text is fairly generic and suggests they wan to drill a hole again. It is still the same though, flashing green PON

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Keith,

Apologies for the delay. Have you heard anything since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Thanks Keith,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Chris, it was MJ Quinn for Openreach.  They left my 65mb line in place so that is still working. The new line comes from a different pole it’s still in the same state

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Keith,

Was your service installed by Openreach or City Fibre?

Chris

0 Likes