cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Free switch to FTTP but cant upgrade

Strokkur
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

We were switched to FTTP (Cityfibre) FoC but now can't upgrade the faster speeds due to a 'problem' between TalkTalk and Cityfibre. Call centre has been pretty vague about the issue. Is this a real thing and when will it be fixed?

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Its down to city fibre, im sure that they are aware of this and will be working towards a solution. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Is there any actual move to fix this? It is a huge omission in the service and quite frankly tells me I should probably look at alternatives having been with TalkTalk for years.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

No change I'm afraid regrades on City Fibre still require a cease and re-provide.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Recently I have seen the same advice being given out, @Strokkur.

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, for staff to give you the latest on this. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Strokkur
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Has this situation changed at all? We are now 3 months later

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Sadly its days, it appears city fibre use different processes to openreach where the profile has to enabled manually, there is an ongoing discussion to try to simplify this.

Strokkur
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for responding.

Seems a bit of an amateurish service.

Is loss of service a few hours, a day, days?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Strokkur

Regrades with city fibre can only be done by ceasing the service and reordering the higher speed , this will unfortunately mean a loss of service while the new order is processed. 

Sorry.

0 Likes