cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Freedom Fibre- Unable to connect to 3rd party apps

Trussy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi,

I’ve recent had a freedom fibre line installed with the talk talk hub 2. However when connecting devices to the new router I cannot seem to access 3rd party services.

All devices are connect to the internet and have better speeds than with my previous ISP. The issue only arises during that final connection to the apps. I have reset all devices and the router several times. It’s almost as if something is blocked in the background.

Below is a list of devices and services not working.

PS5 - connected to internet but cannot log into PSN (I have found a fix for this by changing the MTU settings on the PS5 itself, however this option isn’t available on any other device.

Samsung Smart TV

- Netflix NW 2-5 error (connected to internet)

Channel 4 - app loads but programs do not.

Samsung App Store - won’t load

LG Smart TV.

- Netflix NW 2-5 error (connected to internet)

LG App Store - won’t load says internet connection is unstable. Never had this issue with old ISP.

Amazon Fire Stick

- Home Screen fails to load when connected to router. Works fine when I hotspot to my phone..

the Freedom Fibre website doesn’t give to much away in terms of who to contact for issues. Just says Talk Talk. I tried live chat last week but I haven’t been provided with any account details yet so no one could help… 

It’s a bit of a joke you’ve got to jump through so many hoops just to login to basic services. Should just be plug and play like all other ISP I’ve used in the past.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

thanks Chris.

update for everyone. This has been resolved. Someone from the new trials team called me. Freedom Fibre have apparently resolved the issues a few weeks ago. Everyone’s router should have automatically updated but clearly this hasn’t been happening.

Anyway they did something in the background and everything seems to be working! 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 16

Ok thanks, I'll pass this over to the relevant team. We'll let you know when we receive an update or they may contact you directly

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Thanks Chris! I have done this 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

OK thanks. Could you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile, hopefully we'll be able to find your account with that

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Another ISP! 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Trussy,

Were you already a TalkTalk customer with a different service or have you migrated from another ISP?

Chris

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 8 of 16
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

No, I got a text saying when the engineer would be coming and a phone call on the day. That’s all I’ve had.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi,

Were you provided with a landline telephone number or a order reference number please? Again, please add this to your Community Profile only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi,

I’ve updated all the information I have. I have not been given an account number by freedom fibre. 

Thanks,

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hello,

Could you also add your Account Number into your Community Profile please and post back here to confirm once this has been completed. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Morning,

We can arrange for someone from the team to contact you directly.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number/account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Cheers Keith. Hopefully someone here can help then. 

Firewall is set to medium! 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

TalkTalk is your iSP, not Freedom Fibre, therefore TalkTalk is who you need to contact.

What is the router's Firewall level, it should be medium. If set to high, this will cause issues.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes