cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150 - laptop will not connect to 5ghz band

jtunnard
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I have just upgraded to Full Fibre 150 and an Eero 6. Most devices have connected as expected but my laptop will not connect to the 5ghz band. I have updated the driver for the wireless adapter and set it to connect to 5ghz as a priority but it does not connect. The laptop connects to the 2.4ghz band ok but this does not provide the speed or bandwidth of 5ghz. I noticed there have been several similar posts where the Eero selects channel 155 preventing older devices from connecting, some of which are showing as resolved but I cannot tell what was done to solve the problem. My Eero 5ghz band is fused on channel 155 so possibly the same problem. Any help gratefully received.

Jeremy Tunnard
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

OK, no problem, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

HI Chris,

Given the reply from Eero I will keep the network as it currently is. Thank you for your help.

Jeremy Tunnard
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I've received the following response from eero  "this (making the change) will overall impact the performance of the network for the sake of the laptop which appears to be on seldomly", would you like them to go ahead and make the change?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Apologies for the delay, I'm chasing it up for you 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi,

My Eero 6 is still stuck on channel 155 on the 5Ghz band. When can I expect the fix to be applied?

Jeremy Tunnard
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi again,

Great, thank you 🙂 I've raised this over to our Devices Manager and have asked if they can apply the fix for this. I will post back to confirm as soon as this has been completed.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've put the FTTP number in private notes now.

Jeremy Tunnard
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Thank you. If you click on your profile picture then there is an option for personal settings and towards the bottom there should be a Private Notes section. Then click save changes.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Michelle,

I do have a FTTP number and I think I have added it to the private notes section

Jeremy Tunnard
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you received a FTTP number? Could you add this to the private notes section of your Community Profile please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thank you

Jeremy Tunnard
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and apply the fix for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes