cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Availability

sam83am
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

It doesn’t seem customer services or any support number I’ve been given can give me help on my question so I’ll try asking here.

I already have CityFibre at my premises, when will TalkTalk be able to provide Full Fibre to me? A bunch of other providers can offer me services through CityFibre so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Hopefully looking for a staff member to help

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

hennaboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 1 of 12

If the cab is full then you don't stand much chance Talktalk is in serious financial problems so there is no investment into improving anything or making more capacity (even though they may say this is happening).

I would discuss with Cityfibre alternatives.

After all Talktalk has an August d-day for securing financial support. If they fail to do that Talktalk may not even be here.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

If "computer says no", @sam83am, it probably won't make any difference who looks it up.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

sam83am
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

That's the consensus TalkTalk support have already given me, but each and everytime I've been given different reasons from "there isn't enough cabinet capacity" to reasons like "CityFibre cant serve your area" but everytime I explain that I have had an active VF CityFibre 1gig up/down connection in the last month I'm given the same reason.

Is it because TalkTalk can't offer those services or is it something to do with CF who have openly said there shouldn't be any issues.

I read a post earlier where someone was looked up on the CityFibre panel that talktalk uses, is it possible to look my address up rather directly (I understand no deal can be made)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Yes Everytime I’ve called or used the checker I get an error a couple of times then it comes up with the lower packages or the operator says there’s an issue gets someone else and says I either can’t get broadband services or I only get those copper line packages . Its odd because the last time I checked my adjacent neighbours could get the 900 full fibre package but I cant

Not sure if this is error or just cabinet availability . I did contact CityFibre and they’ve confirmed I should have no issues with TalkTalk so I’m trying to confirm if TalkTalk are flat out denying availability 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi @sam83am

Have you spoken to our sales team on 0800 0499999. 

You can also check our availability website   https://new.talktalk.co.uk/check-availability

Regards. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Presumably you plugged in a search with your postcode on the main Talktalk site, @sam83am?

If it came up with a "nothing yet but keeping you informed" sort of reply, it could be months away, at the minimum. 

Not wise to have cancelled with the previous ISP before ordering (if that's not yet gone through, it can be reversed).

I'll escalate this thread, but staff cannot set up a deal or a contract for you either.

0 Likes

sam83am
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Is it possible for the provisioning team or some useful staff investigate as I've just cancelled with another ISP. Hopefully any date range or feedback would be a help (considering I already have CityFibre installed).

0 Likes

sam83am
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

It’s strange because my surrounding neighbours can get access to it, just not myself. Not sure how that works

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

It's outside my front door too, @sam83am, but not available to me while TT have not got a deal set up with them in the area.

You just have to keep checking by putting in your postcode. 

Nobody knows ahead.

0 Likes