cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Installation..

David1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi

I recently had the free full fibre upgrade installed. My normal connection had been disconnected a month early for some reason, leaving me without connection for 4 days; spoke to someone who arranged for a sooner appointment to resolve on 22/11. Anyway, the Engineer came and provided me with a hub, but advised that I should be getting sent an Eero, as his install notes advised 'no router'. I have not received anything since and would like to query this, please.

Thank You

David.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Yes, in relation to my account status, but I will deal with that separately now. Thank you.

Message 2 of 11

So no further problem here?

Do you still need clarification from staff, @David1970?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The email just confirmed free upgrade to Full Fibre broadband with Digital Voice and mentioned the WiFi Hub 2. Everything seems to be working ok, so thanks.

Message 4 of 11

@David1970, which Full Fibre product have you been put on, and does the order / contract specify which router?

If the engineer left you with the Sagemcom hub 2, which is the one you have described, with the socket for the phone, that's exactly what you need.

That is sent for Full Fibre 65.

For packages with higher speeds, the Eero would be sent out, but many customers find the set up more complicated. You'd also need a Digital Voice Adapter with that for your phone, so it is a whole different ball game.

Plug in searches in the forum search engine to find out how these set ups differ.

Customers sometimes come on here to ask for the hub 2 in preference to the Eero. The wi-fi provision appears to be more satisfactory with the former, whereas several customers have complained about the distance the wi-fi signal reaches not being great with the single Eero etc.

So perhaps let us know what your email confirmation said, as engineers sometimes make off the cuff comments.

0 Likes

David1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Still no response from anyone at TalkTalk, not even an acknowledgment of my query? Forced to take the upgrade(no simple decline option), then you cut me off a month early? Not impressed. 😐 

0 Likes

David1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 11

So, I have resolved the phone not ringing myself. However, when I log into my account my landline is still listed as disconnected and a line test advises there is an issue.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

@Gliwmaeden2 wrote:

If everything has been activated you should be able to plug your phone into that hub, @David1970.

No idea why your message was missed by staff - they won't be back on here before Monday, I'm afraid. 

I'll re-escalate this to make sure that it is in the queue for attention. 

They also need to facilitate Private Messaging for you on the forum.

Hi

Thanks for your help. I did try the phone, plugged it in and it works as I can call out, but when I call the landline number to test incoming, my phone does not ring(checked ringer is on etc). The call connects when I pick up the receiver ok, just no ring to alert me, obviously.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

If everything has been activated you should be able to plug your phone into that hub, @David1970.

No idea why your message was missed by staff - they won't be back on here before Monday, I'm afraid. 

I'll re-escalate this to make sure that it is in the queue for attention. 

They also need to facilitate Private Messaging for you on the forum.

0 Likes

David1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Could someone at TalkTalk help me with these queries please, when next available, since the online chat does not work when I have tried it(yes during opening hours)? Thanks.

0 Likes

David1970
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

To add to this, my landline connection is disconnected and would like to be able to use this. Do I just need to plug my phone into the new hub's digital voice input? It currently has a sticker over it.

Thanks

David.

0 Likes