cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Query

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi. Full Fibre is available at my address. My neighbour (who is with BT) has Full Fibre and has retained his landline. Why is the option with Full Fibre to retain my landline not available from TT ?

For example : 

Upgrade to Fibre 900

rautospoon_0-1712744518897.png

24x faster than standard fibre with Total Home Wi-Fi included

Broadband only, no landline.

Is something called VOIP relevant ?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Cheers Chris.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

OK, well the one with the telephone socket will plug into either the router or digital voice adapter, both handsets should then work with the VoIP service

Chris

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

PS. Bases look identical with the only difference being the main one (presumably the base unit ?) alsohas a phone line socket at the back. Both have a rear power socket which plugs in.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Chris. What you see is exactly what I have and works perfectly.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XZGAQ1E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

OK. Those both look like charger units rather than one base unit and one charger unit. Assuming that you have a base unit (which I think you must have) this would connect to the router and both telephone would then work wirelessly from the base unity

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Yes, like this :Current phonesCurrent phones

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Are they wireless handsets connecting to a single base unit?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for that Chris. On my landline I presently use 2 handsets, if I were to upgrade to FF can I still use these or would I need "digital" replacements ?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi rautospoon,

VoIP (voice over IP) replaces the landline, it allows you to keep your landline telephone number but uses a digital voice service over the FTTP internet connection

Chris

0 Likes