cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre Upgrade connecting landline

BerkshirePam
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I was upgraded to full fibre and was told that I wouldn't have to change my phone and it would work over WiFi. The CityFibre engineers did not connect my phone and now I don't know how to do it.

There doesn't seem to be a phone jack socket on the new full fibre router.

The only phone jack is on the TalkTalk router, but pluging my phone jack into that just stops the router working.

How do I connect my phone to the WiFi please?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Glad to hear that it's now working, just let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris, thanks for your prompts. I have now managed to plug the phone into the back of the router and it seems to work. The RJ11 cable was an extension for the phone. Many thanks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK, so how did you connect the telephone to the telephone socket before you upgraded to full fibre?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes, I think it's RJ11. It's a  lot smaller

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

The telephone port on the router is a standard BT port, are you saying that you telephone has a different connector (RJ11)?

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I only have a phone jack which doesn't fit into the green port

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

OK thanks. So when you connect your telephone to the port the telephone is dead and you lose internet connection?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Yes. It was actually covered over by a sticker that says Digital Voice use when instructed.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi BerkshirePam,

Is the port that you are connecting your telephone too on the router, green?

Chris

0 Likes