cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre dropping out regularly

Judders
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello, 

I have full fibre which, since its installation in December of last year, has been regularly dropping out. Since the end of January I have recorded the dropouts when I notice them. It Generally drops 3-4 times a day for a minute or two.

I am fairly certain this is a line problem and not a router/wifi issue. Each time the service drops out the router orange light comes on and flashes a bit before connection is re established. I have been unable to get to the ONT every time to see what the lights are doing on each drop out but have, on a couple of occasions, observed one of them (I don't recall which one) going off before coming back on and service re connecting.

I chose full fibre because I had been having this issue with my old copper line for years. Despite changing providers a couple of times and an extremely hard won visit by an open reach engineer to check the connections it could never be fixed. I finally upgraded but alas the problem persists.

Please could someone please advise how to go about getting this fixed?

Thank you

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi @Judders 

That's great 🙂 If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thank you, yes it’s all set up and I’m keeping an eye on it. Hopefully this will resolve it. Thanks for your help so far.

Message 3 of 10
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Judders

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

 Hello,

Thanks for the response. Yes I’ve got a Huawei router. See attached pic. And happy to try anything to rectify the issue so please send a replacement and we’ll give it a go.

thanks

IMG_4212.jpeg

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which is clear, however I can see drops in connection. Are you currently using the Huawei Wifi Hub? I think we should send a replacement router for testing purposes, would this be ok?

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

I'll escalate this back to TalkTalk for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Judders
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hello, 

I’ve updated the info as requested.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number/Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes