cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre probs

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 51 of 51

Hi

i had fibre 900 installed (all good engineer did a tidy job). Got a few problems now though

1) can’t get digital voice to work. Tried the chat, was going through troubleshoot did a reset etc got cut off agent didn’t call me back. I have 2 blue lights the phone light is off but flashes if I pick up the phone. Can you help pls?

2) I’ve lost my hik vision camera for some reason, it’s permanently offline since changing router even though same network password. Are there any know issues with that?

3) my house alarm also connected via WiFi is doing strange things since getting the eeros set up. Any known issues with that?

it’s taken hours to get nowhere on these 3 issues

thanks

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 1 of 51

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂 Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Message 2 of 51

Good to know you're finally getting the package kinks ironed out.

I'd be interested to know if on the next eero software update the eero Secure gets retitled to eero Plus and you see the additional security options of Malwarebytes for 3 devices, Guardian VPN for 5 devices, and 1Password password manager.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 51

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk I have just checked and yes the eero secure is now on finally all resolved! I take it talk talk just hadn’t set this and the phone up on my order?

hi @ONTnonotagain thanks I sorted the camera out in the end with a factory reset and helpful eero man gave it an ip address in the new routers range, the old ip wasn’t compatible.

the alarm is sorted now too I had to power it down and take the back up battery out. It didn’t like the new router for some reason but ok now.

So all sorted and at least the internet and WiFi has been good! 

Message 4 of 51

Thanks for your thoughts.

The eero package is WPA2 by default and WPA3 as optional in addition to WPA2. New devices can support both due to backwards compatibility. Older devices will continue to connect via WPA2.

Yes, older devices won't work on a router if WPA3 only mode is set. But this isn't the case with the eero.

Message 5 of 51

Hi Gond,

I was just chucking a suggestion in for the OP as it appears some older devices won't work with WPA3, with my tablet it's offline 99% of the time as it's my sacrificial lamb now and doesn't get updates anymore I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect once I was using WPA3 equipment in the mix, not liking to be beat by these things I got lucky and downgraded the security on the guest network and as if by magic it connected instantly.

Thank you for the reply anyway though.

Onta.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 51

Hello ONTnonotagain 

You're new here. The eero Discover tab / eero Labs Beta has a WPA3 option to provide added security for devices that support WPA3. Not enabled by default though.

Have you tried that? Do you have the eero package supplied by TalkTalk?

ONTnonotagain
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 51

Hi Shazz,

Regarding the Hik, if you are using wifi & WPA3 there's a good chance the camera's won't work with WPA3 I have a tablet that does the same thing unless I drop it back to WPA2/AES.

If this is the case put the camera's on the guest network & adjust the WPA setting.

Onta.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 51

Hi shazzmundos,

Apologies for the delay, the issue with the eeros should now be resolved, could you check if eero secure is now available

Thanks

Chris

Message 9 of 51

Hi shazzmundos,

Sorry for the delay, I'll find out what's going on and get back to you

Chris

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 51

Hi Chris - still no change and not heard anything, is someone looking into this or not? It’s been quite a while since install / new contract started.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 51

Hi shazzmundos,

Glad to hear that the phone is now working. We're still look into the issue with the eero's, I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 12 of 51

Hi - I’ve not heard from anyone but my phone is now working. What was the problem had they forgotten to activate it?

Still no eero secure though, any update on this pls?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 51

Morning,

Yes I believe that they will be looking at both. As soon as we know more we will post an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 51

Ok Chris look forward to hearing from someone. Just checking they are looking into both the phone line not working and the absence of the secure plus service ?

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 51

I passed it over to the Future fibre team earlier and it's been assigned to an engineer, I haven't received any further update yet but they may contact you directly

Chris

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 51

Chris - as mentioned previously Eero support haven’t done anything to my routers (they changed my cctv camera settings so it was compatible)

so yes pls do get the future fibre team involved asap as it’s been over a week now! 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 51

The problem is that I can't find either of your eeros on the system to check if it's been activated, I can only think that the eero support team have done something that's caused this. I'll pass it over to the Future fibre team as unfortunately there's nothing else that I can do 

Chris

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 51

Hi Chris - afraid not I am not at home today, what about you get in touch with eero support? Have u checked my account to see if the phone line and secure have been activated? Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 51

Hi shazzmundos,

Apologies for  the delay, I'm experiencing problems locating your eeros on our systems. Sorry about  this but could you switch the ONT and eero's off for 30 minutes then switch back on and let me know when you've done this and I'll check again

Chris

0 Likes

shazzmundos
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 51

And the new grandstream box arrived today and it still doesn’t work and is exactly the same as the first one in terms of lights on/not on etc. As mentioned before eero support said it was unlikely to be the hardware but the settings or the service hasn’t been activated. 

so still no phone service (as my copper line has been deactivated) or eero secure.  GREAT!

0 Likes