cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

I Upgraded my service , But TalkTalk Downgraded my service. Why?

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

I Upgraded my service with a 2-year fixed-price+ contract, But TalkTalk Downgraded my service. Why?

There was no change in the main broadband package, just a little upgrade in the attached VOIP service.

The main condition in the pre-renewal contract was:

'You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 70.0 Mbps and 78.0 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 55.0 Mbps and upload speed of 20.0 Mbps'.

The main condition in the renewed contract is:

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 36.00 Mbps and 37.00 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 35.00 Mbps and upload speed of 7.00 Mbps

Within MyAccount, it reports a minimum guaranteed download speed of only 4 Mbps. Why?

I started the change, a couple of days before 7/4/2024, and the change happened on the 7/4/2024

I have still not received an email, reporting the new arrangement, but does show in MyAccount.

I have spoken to the BOT. And I was told via the BOT that they are raising a complaint.

I am not sure what 'raising a complaint' is. But that is the current position.

Bill

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 18

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Has a copy of my message above at 24-04-2024 08:24 PM, been sent to the Complaints Manager that is currently handling my case?

Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do that myself. Is there a way? Because often when persons have a phone call, things get easily misinterpreted.

Also, on  on ‎25-04-2024 09:29 AM, 'notes were added to my notes'. Does this mean anything?

Bill

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Do you mean that a copy of my message above at 24-04-2024 08:24 PM, was sent to the Complaints Manager that is currently handling my case,

or do you mean something else?

If you mean something else, how will I now what the something else is?

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

@Arne-TalkTalk 

Do you mean that a copy of my message above at 24-04-2024 08:24 PM, was sent to the Complaints Manager that is currently handling my case,

or do you mean something else?

If you mean something else, how will I now what the something else is?

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Billx

I can see that notes have been applied to the complaint notes. 

Regards

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

To whoever

Yes, I did receive my TTR_AUTOSIGN email from TalkTalk on 11/04/2024, confirming my supposed terms of the upgraded contract of the 07/04/2024. (I wasn't able to spot it previously. It was somehow jumbled up with other emails from TalkTalk Community.) In that email it contains the CONTRACT_SUMMARY.pdf attachment. 

The CONTRACT_SUMMARY.pdf is dated 25 May 2023 instead of the 07/04/2024 and contains the following main clause:

Speeds of the internet service and remedies
You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 36.00 Mbps and 37.00 Mbps with a
minimum guaranteed download speed of 35.00 Mbps and upload speed of 7.00 Mbps

The CONTRACT_SUMMARY.pdf of the previous agreement  before the upgrade is dated 02 May 2023 and contains the following main clause:

Speeds of the internet service and remedies
You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 70.0 Mbps and 78.0 Mbps with a minimum
guaranteed download speed of 55.0 Mbps and upload speed of 20.0 Mbps

When I and a representative of TalkTalk agreed to the upgrade on the 07/04/2024, the agreed internet speeds were not to be altered, they were not even discussed, but just an upgrade to the attached VOIP phone package.

Further when I now do a Speed Test on TalkTalk, on the results page, it informs me that my minimum
guaranteed download speed is 4.0 Mbps

In other words, I now have 3 different quoted minimum guaranteed download speeds.

If someone can forward this message to the relevant Complaints Manager, I would very much appreciate that.

I did talk to a Complaints Manager, but was only able to do so by phone, not by email or 'livechat'

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Yes, @Gliwmaeden2 , I understand all that.

Note my message on 19-04-2024 12:09 PM. It includes:

'A representative from TalkTalk Head Office has contacted me by phone, once last week, and once on Monday, 15/4/2024.

Nothing was achieved then. I have since, received a text message, making an appointment for us to talk again on Monday, 22/4/2024'

Very early this morning, I received a repeat text message to remind me,  that I and the TalkTalk representative had a phone appointment today between  8:00 AM and 10:00 PM. Now that's way past.

And I am not sure what he is intending to achieve, by phoning me, without getting done, what is required.

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Staff cannot intervene while this is in the hands of Head Office and you are expecting a call today, @Billx.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

Is there anybody there?

Bill

0 Likes

Billx
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

On 7/4/2024,  I upgraded my service with a 2-year fixed-price+ contract, But TalkTalk Downgraded my service. Why?

There was to be no change in the main broadband package, just a little upgrade in the attached VOIP service.

The main condition in the pre-renewal contract was:

'You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 70.0 Mbps and 78.0 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 55.0 Mbps and upload speed of 20.0 Mbps'.

The main condition in the new contract, which is incorrectly dated 25/05/2023 is:

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 36.00 Mbps and 37.00 Mbps with a minimum guaranteed download speed of 35.00 Mbps and upload speed of 7.00 Mbps

Further, within MyAccount, it reports a minimum guaranteed download speed of only 4 Mbps. Why?

There was to be no change to any of these speeds.

So, 2 new and degraded 'minimum guaranteed download speeds' are  still reported.

And the degraded main download and upload speeds are still reported.

A representative from TalkTalk Head Office has contacted me by phone, once last week, and once on Monday, 15/4/2024.

Nothing was achieved then. I have since, received a text message, making an appointment for us to talk again on Monday, 22/4/2024.

Why doesn't this representative, check his beautiful computer records, check that TalkTalk's own records are the same as those shown in MyAccount, and if they are not, just make a copy from their records to MyAccount?

Things are getting out of hand. Are they relying too much on AI? And are they making copies and copies of website pages, and sometimes miscopying them?

With respect

Bill

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

@Arne-TalkTalk 

When I do a TalkTalk speed test, which finally now works, it also shows my current minimum download speed.

The minimum download speed, before the upgrade was 55 Mbps.

The current minimum download speed, is now showing after doing the speed test as 4 Mbps.

Anyway, I'll wait little bit more and see what happens.

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

The auto sign document is sent, for you to check the details of the renewal offer, if you didn't receive it then its a possible mis-sale.

FYI ..Your email address is linked to the community ID in your profile ,only we can see it, that is taken from My Account which takes it from the billing system.

Live chat link are clearly displayed How to contact TalkTalk Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support 

This is in the hands of complaint team now, so Ill have to leave it with them.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

I have and I do receive my bills normally.

I also said above that "I have never heard of an 'Autosign document'"

Who or what did the autosigning then, and which document was autosigned?

In fact, I just checked, and  I received my last TalkTalk bill on 02/04/2024, I don't know what that proves.

What I don't have in my emails, is a document that was to be sent to my TalkTalk-linked email address,

listing the main terms regarding the upgrade of my package, which was done via one of the 'livechat' links.

I don't even know the web address of  the 'livechat' link I used. That's because TalkTalk doesn't provide it.

Also, there appears to be more than one TalkTalk 'livechat' link. So one does not even know where one is linked to.

Also, I've just checked, there is no email address of mine linked to my community profile.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Autosign was sent to the exact same email address that you have on your community profile, and the exact address that your bills are sent to each month, so are you saying you haven't received any bills either?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

@Arne-TalkTalk 

you say 'the Autosign document when you renewed, the account shows it was sent on the 7th to a @gmail account'

Well, it turns out your reference, @gmail,is  the account of a member of this community. No connection with any of my email accounts.

Very poor.

Bill

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

@Arne-TalkTalk 

No, nothing is obvious. I have never heard of an 'Autosign document'

As I said, I had  spoken to the BOT. And I was told by an expert via the BOT that they are raising a complaint.

Previous to that, I had  spoken to the BOT, and then to an expert via the BOT, and then the expert and myself agreed what the renewed package will be. The expert said he would send a copy of what we agreed, to my email address. I don't know if I received that email.

But currently don't have it.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Billx

Obviously the Autosign document in My Account regarding the speeds are wrong

Did you receive the Autosign document when you renewed, the account shows it was sent on the 7th to a @gmail account does it show the same information? 

There is an open complaint and a complaint manager will call you to discuss and resolve this. 

0 Likes