cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Installation date 4 months away

Aleksandrapj
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Might be stupid question, but hoping for someone from talk talk to respond. Is it normal to have installation date set up 4 months from today (the day order was placed)? I just moved and been with talk talk at the old address during the phone call there was no mention of such a long wait? Its ridiculous. On the documents sent through to me it says talktalk aims to have the installation completed within 14 days, i could even understand 30 days but 4 months sounds crazy to me. 

Please advise, is there a way to speed it up?

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Aleksandrapj

4 months does seem a long time, the only explanation would be that external work is needed. 

Did you proceed with the order?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I totally understand but I should be informed about such a long wait. I dont even care for full fibre so much I had standard broadband with talk talk till now and it worked just fine. 

4 months to wait just sounds well far far away from today. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

It's because it's not as straightforward as moving to a similar ordinary Broadband package, whether Talktalk's ADSL Fast Broadband, or the FTTC, that still uses copper between the cabinet and the house, @Aleksandrapj.

Full Fibre bookings will be working to a different timescale and involve setting up from the Openreach / City Fibre network with more engineer involvement, including essential access to your house etc. There are far more variables at stake that could influence the scheduling. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for responding  

I havent ordered anything special.  When I called in regarding moving the premises the nice lady informed about the fact that full fibre is available at my new address, she cancelled my previous contract at the old address and proceed with the new order for full fibre. We went through all the details with me except the fact of 4 months wait. I'm a bit confused as I've ordered broadband before and never had such a long lead time. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Was this organised using the Home Move team, @Aleksandrapj:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Home-move/ta-p/2205259

That normally has a limit of 3 months.

Have you ordered Full Fibre to the premises, or are they needing to put in a completely new line even for ordinary FTTC?

You need to give a bit more detail. Staff will respond during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes