cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Internet cuts out every week at 12am

Muddy137
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

So for the last 3 months on a night at 12am my Internet cuts out were I can't use my Internet at all but if I'm playing a game the game does not disconnect even if it's a online game, this happens for about 30 minutes or longer, I test my Internet and it say there is nothing wrong and my router is still connected and say everything is working yet like right now I have to use my mobile Internet on my phone and yes the white light is on and the router says its working but its not....

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see if this has happened again since you made the changes?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Muddy137

Apologies, this may have been activated in error (system error)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

yep i hope it was, but i dont see why it was even on as i never picked it too be on and it only doing on sunday/monday morning but not the rest of the week.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Good morning,

Thanks for the update. I think this may be the issue. I'll re-check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

so when i was looking at home safe it seems it had Homework Time turned on for some reason from Monday to Friday from 12am to 1am, do you think that my have been why it was doing it as it seemed to be on a Sunday/Monday morning from them time it was doing but never had it happen other day. but i turned on home safe and will turn it off again in 3/4 hours then see if it happens again on Sunday.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you mind trying one more thing before we escalate this over please? Could you try switching HomeSafe on in your My Account please, then wait a few hours until this shows active and then once active then switch this off again please.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

so it happened again for 1 hour, from 12am till 1a, just like before said i had internet but i didn't

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Muddy137

That's great. I will check in again with you next week to see how the connection has been with the new router connected.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

so i got it and ill reply here if it still doing it.

Message 10 of 20

Hi Muddy137

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 11 of 20

Yes that will be when it happened and I did reset the router too see if that helped but it didn't so I just left it and it turned on again about 1am or so. And no I don't have another router to test, and I all so ran the tests when it happens and it say the same that its all working.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi,

Thank you. I've run a few tests and checked the connection stats and everything looks ok from here. I can see 2 re-connections on the line. One on 14/04 and another on 21/04. Is this when it last happened and you rebooted the router?

Do you know if any of your devices run any updates or back ups around this time? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then I think we should send one for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 13 of 20

OK done.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Yep I did and no its not on, as I said this happens once a week at 12am but not on the same day each time, were the Internet will not work but if I'm all ready watching a film or playing a online game I don't get discounted but if I close them it will not work again.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Muddy137

There is a settings in KidsSafe which often is enabled (sometimes in error by the system) and this can stop the connection working at certain times.

Did you log in just to check this? As mentioned this can be a system issue.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Nope it's not on and never has been on as I have no kids and i don't see how that will make my Internet cut out once a week 12am

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi Muddy137

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

0 Likes

Muddy137
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

So just over a hour now off my Internet not working, reset router, tested Internet, reset router again, reset router for 20 minutes and all still not working but if I'm all ready watching something that video will play to the end and then stop working saying I have no Internet.......

0 Likes