cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Max upload speed on fibre 900

Message 6 of 6

Wanted to ask about this because I came across openreach's website randomly. They state that with gigabit down, upload can be up to 220mbps. I went on every provider that openreach has on their website and they all seem to cap out at 110 ish. Is this a type on openreach's end or something else. Considering we can't have symmetrical, I'd very much like to have 220 up over the current 110.

jacksparrow_0-1711557823052.png

^straight from openreach's website

Ahoy!
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

that'll explain it to say the least! unless theyre building a new line just for me I don't see how that makes even the slightest bit of sense. Could go and get 3gbps symmetrical from that one other provider and itd still be half of that. Thanks for letting me know, but the pirate ship most definitely does not have enough gold for that! 🫠

Ahoy!

Message 2 of 6

That'll explain it lol!  😂

Message 3 of 6

Have you got loads of gold in your pirate chest? Are you prepared to pay the retail price for the Openreach 1000/220 product then?  Are you prepared for your broadband full fibre price to be more than double what it is now?

Openreach quoted annual rental for 1000/115 will be £458.76* from 1 April 2024.

Openreach quoted annual rental for 1000/220 will be £1173.36* from 1 April 2024.

* standard wholesale price excluding VAT and discount offers.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 6

Thought It'd be worth a shot asking here either way as I couldn't find any way to contact openreach without sending a straight up complaint. I doubt it, but maybe TalkTalk could ask for us as to why openreach say 220 but no one can actually offer that.

Ahoy!
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Like you, I know of no provider on the Openreach network that offers other than 110. Some altnets do of course offer symmetrical speeds. I doubt that TalkTalk can answer for what Openreach publish on their website. 

0 Likes