cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Full fibre question

johnp83
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Just upgraded to 150 Fibre, with Eero. The new speed contract seems to work fine with the existing TT router I had for 76 Fibre, so I wonder why I need Eero at all. Also since there seems to be no phone socket on Eero as there is on old TT router, would I need both boxes connected to use VOIP. Part of the instructions says disconnect old router, other part says don't do this. Just wanted higher speed,not all this fuss!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 7

No problem. I can only apologies if you've been given the wrong information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thanks for the reply chris-TalkTalk 

I don't know either at no point did either of the talktalk representatives say OK just use your current hub. It was made clear by both that the upgrade would only happen if I used the eero router. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi aubreym,

Sorry, I don't know, but you don't have to use an eero. We always advise to use the router supplied with the package but you can use a wifi hub if you already have one or a compatible 3rd party router. We probably wouldn't be able to offer the same level of support with a 3rd party router though

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

So Chris-TalkTalk why did talktalk tell me the eero was a requirement? I asked about using my current router and as I quoted before was told specifically "The upgrade to Fibre150, 500, and 900 will involve the use of an eero router".

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi johnp83,

It's fine to continue using the old router if you prefer. If your router has a green telephone port you can connect your telephone directly to it rather than using the digital voice adapter

Chris

aubreym
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

They want to use eero so Amazon can slurp all your data. I was upgrading to 150 and was told, after I said I didn't want an eero that it was a requirement. From the online transcript "This means that you will no longer be using your current router, as the Fibre150 VOIP requires the eero router." and "The upgrade to Fibre150, 500, and 900 will involve the use of an eero router".

Then I was passed to loyalty who made a couple of offers to get me to accept the upgrade which meant installing the eero router which I declined and reverted to fibre 65.

Talktalk would not allow me to upgrade without using the eero router.

0 Likes