cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New full fibre connection dropping out

HazyDavy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Openreach installed Fibre 150 today but it keeps dropping out for WiFi.  Doing speedtests sometimes get 150, sometimes 40,  then a short time later back to 150 stamding in the same place.  Sometimes won't connect at all.  Then it suddenly does at 150 then drops out again.  Some devices can see it, some can some of the time only.  The wired ethernet connection works.

Anyone know the solution?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

OK thanks. I think we should try a different eero, would you like me to send one to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris

We have now done that.

First test 145

Second test, standing about 10 feet further away and the Ookia test said "your internet maybe unstable" and tested at 3.

Test using laptop 68 (yesterday was 130)

Retest 20 minutes later and mobile phone couldn't find the router for a few minutes and then tested at 52.

The firestick can't see it.

Wired connection still working.

So no real change.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Thanks, line test is clear and speedtest from eero are around 145Mbps. Could you switch the eero and ONT off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

HazyDavy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi Chris

I've added my number to the profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

OK, could you please add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris

No it makes no difference.  Just now I tested it from 2 feet away and it registered 22.  Half an hour ago from 2 feet away it registered 48 on the same phone and ookia speed app.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi HazyDavy,

Does it make any difference how close you are to the eero? If you are in the same room a few feet away from it?

Chris

0 Likes

HazyDavy
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

We are using the eero.

This morning, over the last 10 minutes, it has given readings using the of 15, 45, 50 and 8.  Just after installation yesterday we were getting some readings using the same speed tester on the same mobile phones in the same place in the house of 150.  The problem is more download than upload.  Most, but not quite all, of the upload speeds have been 25-28.  Some of the time the mobile phones and a 6 month old Amazon Fire Stick don't register seeing the router, then at other times they can.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi HazyDavy,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you using the eero or the Wifi Hub?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes