cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No MK4 VDSL Faceplate on new installation

bassplayerchris
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi - I've had an fresh installation in the house I moved to and an NTE5c Master Socket was fitted as the old wiring was quite old.  However unlike my last house no MK4 faceplate was provided? Does anyone know why this is? Have OpenReach stopped providing them because they were easy to knock off the socket? What should I be using instead (short of the low quality microfilter I used for ADSL).

[Note that contrary to the other post on this topic, the MK4 was definitely made to fit over the NTE5C - you can still order them in pairs]

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Thanks. Line test is clear and sync speed looks fine but I can see that there has been the odd reconnection but some of these have been profile changes. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Sorry yes, it had my old number in there, but should now be correct.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK thanks, Can you check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Chris - in this case the NTE5C has been fitted without the faceplate and I am reliant on a microfilter at the moment.  I had thought that openreach had moved to providing the MK4 (but they didn't leave one in this case)

I'm just noticing quite high noise levels on my line (with disconnects every few days - rather than the connection being stable for weeks as it was in my previous place), which I assumed was what the MK4 was supposed to improve upon.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi bassplayerchris,

Sorry, I don't know why that particular faceplate was fitted, are you experiencing any problems with your service?

Chris

0 Likes