cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No internet on full fibre and hub has solid Amber light

andy_45781
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

We've not had any internet now for 36 hours.  The TT hub appeared one morning with a solid amber light and no matter how long we leave it switched off and turn back on again, it always ends up with a solid amber light following a period of flashing amber and white.

Ive called talk talk support who just ask me to do the most ridiculous things completely unrelated to the problem.  For example try moving the router to a different location as it could be poor wi-fi!! I know its got nothing to do with wi-fi.

The ONT has all the correct green lights (no alarm) and the day we got cut off, the neighbours had there full fibre installed to the same pole as our house, seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

The village we live in is quite remote, no cellular carrier works very well, intermittent signal at best.  TT support are refusing to help me unless im next to the router to carry out there crazy instructions like unplug the cable between the ONT and router WAN port (like that's the issue).

Essentially were stuck paying TT for a service we cant use and not sure how to move forward.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No, if you done that, that's fine, hopefully the engineer will be able to fix the problem tomorrow.

Chris

0 Likes

andy_45781
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately im not at home, ive had to travel to the office as i need internet access.  Has anything changed as i left the ONT and TT Hub switched off all night, when i turned them back on this morning the problem was still the same.

Thanks

Andy 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK thanks Andy. It can still be an Openreach issue even if the lights on the ONT look OK, but could you switch the ONT and router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest.

Chris

0 Likes

andy_45781
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris,

I was putting my account number in the post.  I didnt see anywhere to put it in my profile.  I have updated my profile with the landline number.

So my issue is still the same, no WAN IP on any device.  I spent a few hours with support last night but didnt get anywhere.  

BT OpenReach have been booked for tomorrow morning although im not convinced its an OpenReach issue as the ONT has the correct green lights showing, no alarms.

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Andy,

I think you posts are being rejected because you are putting personal information in the post (account number). Try posting again without the account number

Chris

0 Likes

andy_45781
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Im not sure why but my posts/replies dont seem to be working.  I have put the details in my profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi andy_45781

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk account number/landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes