cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

STILL NO CONNECTION AFTER 9 DAYS

Archers
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Surely someone can help me on this. Hours spent on the phone and on the online chat bots. 

Talk Talk engineer booked to come out to me, he turns up, he is an independent engineer who hasn't a clue about the Eero boxes and totally wasted 2 hours of my life.

2 hours on the phone to SUPPORT wow!!! After 35 minutes of going through all the information being transferred 3 times to different people. Explaining about the lights on the Eero and the Fibre box to be asked, can I make sure they have been switched on. If you are going to employ people from a call centre please please train them.

2 hours on the phone I explained I had tried 5 different Eero units and I was not told that there is a router Eero which I should have. The engineer turned up with one he didn't know it was a router box????

Still no connection. Still annoyed... 

Sky worked up until midnight on the 9th. My connection with Talk talk "Went live!!!!!!" on the 3rd, I tried then and was advised wait until your sky connection switches off and it will be ok.

Funny enough just a staling tactic. Sky switched off, Talk Talk still not connecting, still the same error. Where the Eero cannot be assigned a WAN address. Surely this is a simple fix. Your servers are not releasing an IP address to the Eero here. 

Can some one with some knowledge please respond to me.

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

Sorry just checked I have piggy backed on to my neighbours wifi.

I think you have just found the issue.

At this address there is 2 ONT numbers and 2 fibre boxes, one for the main farm house which I live in and one for the barns which my sister in law lives in. 

It sounds like you have pointed my connection to the wrong ONT number

Are you pointed at the ONT that ends in 933?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Apologies but are you sure that you are connected to the 4G network at the moment as the IP address that you appear to be posting from is the same as the one showing on our systems as the IP address allocated to your router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

I'm posting via a 4G connection I have had to set up.

I definitely have no connection via my fibre or I wouldn't be so annoyed

0 Likes

Message 24 of 30

OK thanks. From our side everything seems to be OK, it's showing that you have an Internet connection and IP address. Could I just ask how are you currently connected to the internet, posting on the Community?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

Yes I currently have one of your eeros Model: NO10001 connected and the lights are on the ONT and when it tries to make a connection you can see the light flash on the ONT  

But the Eero app reports not able to get a WAN ip

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about the eeros, do they have a label with the model number?

So just to confirm, you currently have an eero connected to the ONT? Which lights are on. on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

I've just checked again this morning, I still have no connection.

When you got through the set up on the Eero app it shows that it is unable to get a WAN IP address

One question for you while I have your attention. The engineer left a smaller Eero device which is a router, when you sent the 2 Eero's to me I only received the standard type.

I am trying with the router one now, but have tried 5 different other ones, as my house is networked with them.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 28 of 30

Hi Archers,

You appear to have an Internet connection now, do you have the eero connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 30

Forum staff are not back before Monday, @Archers.

Phone support for this won't be available before then.

Chat is live now, but you need to answer the initial bot questions first and then get put through.

You can do this via mobile data etc to reach them and just clear security questions. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes