cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Speeds all over the place

Davedc88
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Freedom Fibre engineers have been out, line is proven OK, mentioned "duplicate vlans" and "office will sort it out" but since then service has been up and down. DL/UL speeds of 30/25Mbps are perfect but come afternoon they drop to 0.01/0.01. Anyone know what I should do?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 18

So long as it is working, that's what matters.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Keith, apparently things are not ready at the moment to switch the phones onto fibre so the copper line remains, essentially for the phone only. It just happens to also have Internet on it.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Morning Dave,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle,  Freedom Fibre have been today and replaced the ONT

Seems the little white box has been the problem all along. All up and running now, on the original router so I haven't had to change all the WiFi codes on my devices.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Morning,

I know previously there was an option for a copper leave behind for the voice service before VOIP was fully available. I'm not sure if this is the case for a Freedom Fibre connection.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 18

This does not sound right at all @Davedc88 you should have lost the copper connection altogether once the full fibre service is up & running. I would check this with the engineer if still there.

This might well have been your problem all along, do you agree @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Michelle,  Talktalk engineer has visited this morning, problem is external so making his report and I expect we will be having a return visit from Freedom Fibre.

Of note, and possibly of use for others, having two routers has enabled me to plug the new one into the full fibre and the existing one onto the old copper connection.  This works OK so at least we have a steady and reliable Internet connection for now.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thank you, I've passed this over now and have asked if the team can contact you ASAP.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I think I've managed that?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear this. Please can you add your account number to your Community Profile and I will pass this straight over to the FF Team and ask them to give you a call. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Michelle

Message 12 of 18

Hi Michelle, 

Replacement router has arrived this morning,  fitted it, connected only a single device to it, my phone, and the situation is unchanged. 

If you could involve the Freedom Fibre team it would be appreciated.

Many Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you still in contact with the Freedom Fibre Team? If not then I can ask one of the team to contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Thanks Keith for the reply. Please see my response to Michelle. No PC and measured speeds irrelevant,  it's lack of any speed that appears to be the problem!

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

No improvement as yet, speeds are irrelevant at this point as I have typically zero or very slow service, occasionally it is OK. Its not just buffering,  it goes completely. I've spoken to Talktalk support again, who told me that the freedom Fibre engineers were blowing smoke up my , you know where, when talking about duplicate vlans. Told me he could see a large amount of "timeouts" and is sending me a replacement router to try. In the meantime,  with no PC or laptop to plug a wired connection into I managed to find a TV I could plug directly into. Logged onto my Netflix account, with a wired Internet connection, and am suffering the same. I was hoping that test would point us towards the wifi but no. So, waiting for the router to arrive now.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi Dave,

How are you getting on? What speeds do you see if you connect directly via the ONT?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

What happens if you connect a PC to the ONT via the Ethernet cable that goes between it & the router? What sort of speed test results do you get then?

Keith

0 Likes