cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

TalkTalk eero pro 6 activity log

Dekster001
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 48

Hi 

Recently received my new eero from TalkTalk for my full fibre connection.

from the first day I set it up the activity log always showed zero ad blocks and zero threat blocks.  This is despite multiple devices being connected and used to access internet on regular basis.  Advanced security and ad blocking  is switched on.  Done all troubleshooting soft reset etc didn’t make any difference,   been in touch with eero but not really getting anywhere with them.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions ?

thanks

Lisa

0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Message 21 of 48

Morning,

Thanks for the PM and I'll post back as soon as I have a further update.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 22 of 48

Hello,

Thanks for the PM. I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 48

Morning,

I've sent you a Private Message (PM) Please reply via PM.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 24 of 48

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'll post back here as soon as our Devices Team come back to me with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 48

Hi

I have double checked all my device settings private  is off, no vpn’s.  I can see no reason why my web traffic is not being filtered through eero secure. This makes me think it must be an issue on TalkTalk, Eero side, or there is a bug in the operating system.  I can’t see what else it can be really.

Is it possible Homesafe settings are still linked to my account ?  Maybe this has something to do with this problem.  I did switch off HomeSafe through TalkTalk portal some time ago,  can you arrange for this to be checked from TalkTalk side as well  just to make sure it’s fully switched off.

If it’s not Homesafe related and there is no timescale for this fault to be resolved, can you please ask the devices team to consider sending me a replacement eero with secure activated.  The bottom line is I just want an Eero that works properly.  I can then be reassured my TalkTalk FTTP service is delivering a secure connection to my devices.   

If a replacement Eero is an option with secure activated, my preference would be setting it up with a new email

address and new Eero account .  If I use the existing Eero account I’m currently using it’s possible the fault will simply  transfer to the replacement Eero.  I can provide an updated email to the device manager upon request.

Alternatively the device manager may be able to add secure to the second eero  I have already.  I did try and set this up as a new Eero to resolve my problem but it doesn’t have secure on it.  Again I can provide an updated email to the device manager on request if this is an option.

Thanks for your ongoing help.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 48

Morning

Thank you. I've passed your comments over too. I'll keep you updated.

Michelle

Message 27 of 48

Thanks Michelle.

From doing my own research, I do think it’s something to do with my DNS traffic  not getting filtered through Eero secure.  I’m no expert though will see what the devices manager says. 

Regards 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 48

Hello,

Thank you, I've let our Devices Manager know now.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 29 of 48

Hi

not using any of these apps, no vpn and private relay switched off for all Apple devices in household.

Regards 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 48

Morning,

The team have asked if you are using iCloud Relay, a VPN or F-Secure Safe Browser?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 31 of 48

Hi again,

Sorry, I've not received a Private Message. I'll pass this back to our Devices Team and will keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 32 of 48

Hi 

sent you a message earlier not sure if you received it.

so I have tried the things you mentioned several times still no blocks tried on individual and for full network accessing websites with lots of ads   .Zero blocks recorded regardless if ad blocking is activated on profile or full network

I’ve also attempted to access the content  blocks I had out in place for my network .  They are not getting recorded as blocks either so clearly there is a problem.

Because of this issue,  would like to set up my additional eero as the gateway for my network. Hopefully this one will work properly.  I need secure to be activated on it though.  Can you arrange this please.  Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 48

Morning,

Our Devices Manager has come back to me to advise that eero have done a full investigation but can't see any issues associated with your profile. They have asked if you can perform a test of trying some blocked content or webpages that will load ads with a device that is assigned to a profile with Ad-Blocking enabled?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 34 of 48

Hi again,

The Devices Manager has advised that this is still under investigation with eero and will keep me updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 35 of 48

Good morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay with this. I've chased the team again now.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 36 of 48

Morning,

Just an update to advise that we have a meeting with our Devices Manager this afternoon so I will chase this again for an update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 37 of 48

Hi again,

Our Devices Manager has advised that they are checking with eero for an update on this.

Michelle

Message 38 of 48

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I'm hoping to receive an update today so I'll post back here as soon as the team come back to me.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 39 of 48

Hi Michelle

okay thanks, how long do the devices team normally take to get back to you ? 

keen to get this resolved ASAP since the issue I have relates to the eero’s security features. 

thanks 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 48

Morning,

I've not received an update back as yet so I'll chase this for you now.

Thanks

Michelle