cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Teams Meeting freezing issue

Pash02
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Hi Ya 

Just been on a teams meeting and some times the faces were blurring nearly to the point of pixelating and freezing and the odd time the person talking was freezing also.

The only device that has been running is the desktop via the meeting and my phone which hasn't been used.

I have noticed that the signal strength is sometimes dropping down to just two bars on my desktop.

According to the health check there is nothing wrong.

Could this be down to the organisation hosting the meeting or is it my connection?

Thanks

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 47

You're very welcome @Pash02 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 47

Afternoon,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

Message 3 of 47

@Michelle-TalkTalk Hi Ya 

Yes i have 5GHz again and its on Channel 42 and control channel 36 for both Eero's according to the app.

Thank you so much to you and the TT team and especially to @KeithFrench  for all his hard work.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 47

Morning,

Can I just confirm, has there been any change since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 5 of 47

Hi again,

No problem. I'll hopefully hear back soon.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 47
0 Likes

Message 7 of 47

Morning,

I've passed this over to our Devices Manager now and have asked for the fix to be applied. I will post back to confirm once this has been done.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 47

Hi @Pash02 there is a bug with the Eeros currently where they get stuck on channel 155. The problem is that most devices do not support such a high channel number as this & cannot therefore detect or connect to the 5GHz band at all. There is a fix, but TalkTalk have to apply it, so I will escalate this back to them.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 9 of 47

Hi @KeithFrench 

Does the app show the 5GHz band?  I am not sure on how to find this in the eero app and i have clicked on everything i think.

My phone is showing as running on 5GHz yet the TV and desktop are showing as 2.4GHz.

Yes to the 155 channel on both eero's.

Thanks 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 47

Does the app show the 5GHz band & if you go into radios analytics, what channel does it show it is using? It is not 155 by any chance?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 47

@Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Hi Ya 

I have done Keith's scan thingy and noticed i no longer have 5GHz yet i did a few days ago when i set up the extra eero.

The only thing that i have done since then is turn both Eero's off at the mains for 30 minutes as i needed to change a plug socket.

I turned the main Eero on 1st and then after 5 minutes i turned the 2nd Eero back on.

The eero app WiFi radio analytics is showing 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals for both eero's.

What is going on / what have i broken this time?  

Would restarting the eero's from the app help or deleting the actual network and starting again as if it is a new installation?

Thanks  

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 47

You're very welcome @Pash02 

Keith

Message 14 of 47

Hi Pash02

That's great news, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

0 Likes

Message 15 of 47

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Touch wood it seems better and now have a 5GHz signal 😻

I meant to send @KeithFrench an updated test report so will do that today.

Thank you to both of you for all your help.

Message 16 of 47
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 47

No, you just use the app to add the second one @Pash02 

Keith

Message 18 of 47

Hi 

@Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Hope you both had a fantastic Christmas.

My new eero paperweight has just arrived.

Is it straight forward to link with my main eero or do you need a degree in sociology, physics  chemical engineering oh and coding?

OK I now have degrees in all of the above.

But best of all I have a 5GHz signal

I will do a test for Keith tomorrow when everything has settled down.

One happy ish bunny.

Thank you so much  guys 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 47

Hi Pash02

You should have received this by now, apologies for this.

I have escalated this again to our Warehouse Team and I will keep monitoring for updates.

Message 20 of 47

Hi @debbie 

I haven't received anything as yet but it could be delayed due to Christmas post.

Thanks 

0 Likes