cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrade offer through post - Full Fibre 150 for same price as Full Fibre 65 - any good??

WilliamR
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

So this offer came through the post, a generic offer not a personal one.

I'm currently on Fibre 65, plus phone, cost is about £36/ month and going up in April. Contract fixed until October this year.

This offer says £28 per month fixed until April 2025, 2-year contract. And a free eero ruter.

Sounded inviting, so I went on a chat to find out details. Took forever and I'm still left with details unanswered.

The upgrade would involve using VoIP for the phone - OK, but how much extra does that cost, or is it free? Couldn't get an answer on that.

The change would involve fibre all the way to the house, underground. OK but I don't want my block paving driveway disturbed. No comment. Trooli, a fibre provider round here, only use existing ducts, or, if none exist, an overhead cable. So why can't TT do the same?

Is this all really as the flyer said, £28/month, price fixed until April 2025, and no setup fee? No, it's subject to this April's price rise.

I think I'll give up really, stick with what I've got until October then decide who gets my business.

TT really don't make this easy, with the lack of a clearly detailed quote.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi WilliamR

Information on the install can be found in this help page How Full Fibre is installed - TalkTalk Help & Support 

We will contact you nearer to the end of your contract. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

You've received an offer that's generally aiming at new customers.

Better to wait for them to offer you a personalised upgrade, @WilliamR, or simply upgrade at the end of your current contract. 

If you need to keep your phone number, you must order VOIP with the Full Fibre order at the time. There's no extra charge for it, but the phone calls are charged in the normal way, same as landlines, if not on a boost to cover calls up to an hour etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.