cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Upgrades keep getting rejected - Two packages on the account

JayRef1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

I agreed terms and conditions to upgrade my package from the Fiber 65 to Fiber 150 around October 13th. Waited a few days and then went on the online chat service to see where the Eero delivery was and why my upgrade hadn't occurred.

Turns out my order was rejected. After being bumped around every department to determine why it was rejected, the decision came that they simply don't know and even "management" could not see the reason. So I was offered to re-agree terms now at an improved price. 

After waiting a couple of days I decided to check online only to discover that it was rejected again. I was then similarly bumped around every department until an issue was found and apparently fixed before re-agreeing terms for the third time.

Again after a couple of days I decided to check and surprise surprise it had been rejected. That is the third time after agreeing terms. I was not informed of the rejection on any of these occasions. A simple e-mail or text should be sent in these circumstances.

More time wasted on the chat trying to discover what the issue was and someone finally came to the realization that I have two Fiber 65 packages on my account, one being charged as expected and the other simply just there at no cost. So to get rid of the no cost one I was transferred to the automated service, filled in my details and an expert would call within 24-48 hours. No one called!

Even more time wasted on the chat, now me reexplaining my issue before being directed to the automated service to set up another call with an expert. Again no call came.

So its now November 15th, over a month since this nightmare begun. Can someone on here please help me remove this no charge Fiber 65 so I can try and upgrade. And if this isn't the cause of these magical rejections can it be seen through until my upgrade goes live.

It may be important to mention that I recently took over this account through the change of ownership system. While it may say I am a new customer, we have been with the service since it was AOL broadband.

Having looked through the posts here it seems a similar issue has happened to other customers over the years. There is the possibility that the double Fiber 65 package isn't that cause but that is what I have been led to believe. 

For those reading this thinking why on earth hasn't this guy moved to a new service provider. Well I did look after the second rejection and no one is close to TalkTalk in terms of price, and other than this very irritating issue, I have had no problems with the service in the many years of custom. Although if something does't come of this post it will be my only option.

-
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. I did not get it resolved, talktalk chat and phone just wanted to keep going around in circles placing orders for them to get rejected. Arne on here didn't get back to me so I am now live with Plusnet, better price and higher speed. I have had to speak to Plusnet by phone twice and was straight through to someone in the UK within 2 minutes and had my query resolved with no troubles. Plusnet have taken over the line but said talktalk didn't accept the notice they sent them, I had an openreach engineer yesterday and have functioning service with them. I have had to put a manual cease on the line through the dreaded talktalk chat again today. I was told a cease couldn't be done through the chat and I would have to arrange a call back. I refused the callback and guess what, he put the cease on through the chat. They planned to continue billing me for a service I no longer have for a line which is clearly not under their control anymore. Still not confident something wont go wrong but at least for now over Christmas it is up and running. 

Honestly the worst customer service experience I have ever had. It is why talktalk is ranked as one of the worst ISPs in the UK. I could only recommend looking elsewhere and save yourself the hassle.

-
0 Likes

Paudy101
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Hi mate, did you ever get this resolved? I'm in sort of the same boat but no talk of a double account, I've had my order rejected twice now with no reason, I however have gotten the equipment and email to say that the upgrade was due to start etc... 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

I will ask the order management team why this keep getting rejected. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Arne again,

Just an update for you. I did keep my internet and the troublesome line was disconnected, not removed though. I then agreed to terms to upgrade again (4th time now). I just checked through the chat and it has been rejected again. 

Have you got any ideas or anyway you could help.

Its looking likely to me that leaving TalkTalk is my only option.

Jay

-
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi JayRef1

The emails will be automatically generated when the request to cancel the other account was placed. 

On the 29th there should be no effect on your service. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Staff will not be back on here before the start of the week, @JayRef1.

If very worried, check via Chat on Sunday, after 9am. 

Phone support is also not available on Sundays. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Arne,

Just wanted you to know I have had an email from the customer service team.

It says the account will be closed on the 29.11.23. I am concerned I am going to get cut off completely. I do not want my account closing or to leave Talktalk, I want a package removed from the account. It has no details saying which package they are removing if this is the case.

The email is a sorry you are leaving us type of thing with what happens next such as equipment returns, final bill, compensation and switching info. 

Is there any way to confirm what they are planning on the 29th.

Sorry to be hassling you with this, just worried I am going to end up without internet. 

Jay 

-
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Yes thank you, I have asked the network team to cancel the other account. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Arne,

I completed the questions again yesterday. Was it received? And is there a plan? 

It's already been over a week since I posted originally.

-
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi @JayRef1

We don't seem to have received the security answers, I will send a new link.  

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Any progress on this yet Arne ?

-
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hello again, 

Is there any update or plan in place? I did the questions you sent in the PM.

I presume it is a normal working week so it is unlikely anything will be done today or on the weekend. Can anything be scheduled for Monday ?

-
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

@JayRef1 great decision and I can see @Arne-TalkTalk is now on the case. He is a real pro and will get this sorted for you. I'll stay out of the conversation now to avoid any distraction. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hello Divsec, 

Yeah I was tempted to cancel billing but that would have likely ended up with me being without wifi at all so decided against it.

Thanks for the reply and escalating it for me.

-
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi @JayRef1

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @JayRef1 pleased to say your post has been escalated and you should hear soon.

I admire your resolve, I'd have been tempted to cancel the billing account rather than the F. O. C. But I'm sure it would have gone horribly wrong. 

Good luck getting this resolved, the team here are very good at unravelling issues like this. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes