cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

What’s app Wi-Fi calls keep reconnecting

Spatel28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

For months now when I make Wi-Fi calls using what’s app it keeps reconnecting. And saying poor connection. The same issue occurred on different devices (2 different phones and iPad). I have tried re starting the rooter but to no avail. I have tried to do a line test but I get a message saying it can’t do one ( this is because our broadband is on full fibre and I have a physical separate phone line.) It now getting very frustrating. Can someone please look into why this is happening and fix the issue as it been going on for several months. (Think it been since the fibre line has been connected  last year)

also am having issues using the physical phone line as it cuts in and out and sometimes even disconnects. 

S patel
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi @Spatel28 

That's great news 🙂 If you do experience any further issues then please post back on this thread to let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi yes I have received the router and plugged it in. I have monitored the connection and so far it has been satisfactory. Only had a few minor interruption on calls but 1000 times better than than before. I will continue to monitor the connection for the next week and repost.

S patel

Message 3 of 24
0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hello,

I've ordered the replacement router now and this usually arrives in 48hrs. I'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on. If there is no change then we'll escalate this to our Faults Escalation Team for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Sure.  I am happy to test this out.  Please can you send one out as soon as possible I am looking to get to a quick resolution. 

S patel
0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi again,

Ok, thanks for confirming. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes so we can rule this out? If there is no change then we can ask our Faults Escalation Team to take a look.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

Currently on the wifi hub 2 but previously I can't remember the exact router to be honest.

S patel
0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. Which router did you have previously? Are you currently using the Wifi Hub 2?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

FTTP was installed last year (can't be sure exactly when) but before that, we were on ADSL (everything working fine just slow speeds),  moving to fiber meant we had the ONT box installed and this came with the current router. We have only had this one router on the FTTP. 

S patel
0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, in you post you mention that it only happened after the change to FTTP, are you using a different make and model of router following the upgrade? I read back through your topic but I couldn't see if this had been mentioned previously. Apologies if I've missed this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

have reinstalled the app and still getting the problem. The device is still losing packets on ping tests. The issue is still inconsistent. sometimes its fine for 1 or 2 min but then it starts to occur. sometimes the issue occurs straight as the call starts. 

As this issue has been going on for months (i appreciate I only logged this onto the forum a few weeks ago)  I would like you to log a complaint as the device is unusable and still does not have a satisfactory response. additionally, i have done several tests that prove the device is not at fault as it works on Virgin Media broadband at a different address.   

makes no sense to say to reinstall the app as packets are being dropped for whatever reason on the device so reinstalling the app would not make any difference. the device also has issues with streaming and watching videos. 

S patel
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 24

Hi Spatel28,

Thanks for running the tests. Could you try uninstalling whatsapp, and then reinstall it and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Just an update I have done a few more tests 

I have done a ping test to 192.168.1.55 ( iPhone X own IP address) and there are no dropped packets.

I have done a ping test from the iPhone X to another device ( 192.168.1.11) on the network and there are dropped packets. 

B97293CA-C422-46C1-94FB-CCDF1F7E31F1.png5ADE5DD8-758D-47AE-8BDA-F5672FCE6F68.png
S patel
0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

I did run the test you mentioned and the test do show a an average of 60mbps I have done some troubleshooting to try and locate the issue to narrow down the fault.

The current issue is now only with an iPhone x (model no MQAD2B/A) it is running ios 16.7.5

I have factory reset the phone so its on stock o/s with no apps

I downloaded an app called ping from appstore 

I pinged www.google.com  and there are missing packets (also tried pinging www.yahoo.com)These missing packets are random (this suggested its the iPhone x at fault)

I downloaded the same app on an iPhone Pro 12 and did the same ping to Google.com. No packets were lost. (this test also suggest the iPhone x is at fault)

I tried pinging localhost on the iPhone x and there were no dropped packets.(this suggests no hardware faults or faults within the local network)

I took the iPhone x to another address (with a virgin media internet connection )and ran the same ping test on the wif fi and there is no issues with dropped packets.

These test suggest the iPhone x is the issue on the TalkTalk fiber network. As I do not want to spend £100s of pounds on a new phone I like you to find a solution to this issue. 

I also pulled out an old iPhone 6 download the same app and did the same test on the tt network and there were no dropped packets.

The fault cannot be with the iPhone x as it works perfectly fine on the virgin media network therefore it suggest there no fault in the hardware. There are no dropped packets when pinging local host on the iPhone x on the home talk talk wifi network  also suggest the issue is outside the local network.

Please come back to with a response as I have spent alot of time trying to track down this fault . If you like the mac address of the device (iPhone x ) let me know (so you can analyse the data if required).

This issue only stared to happen since we moved over to fiber, and was not there on the old adsl line.

S patel
0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Thanks for the information. Could you run 3 speed tests at least 10 minutes apart on fast.com and let us know the results

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

once I restarted the rooter and the ONT the first whats app call was OK. But later in the afternoon the same issue reappears with bad connection on the whatss app calls this was on Wednesday 21 feb .  However I have been checking it out over the last few days and it been intermittent. For example today just a few hours ago the what's app WiFi call was terrible. The last call was made at 23.08 and it keeps cutting in and out and getting message poor connection. Additionally a whats app call was made at 21:30 and  22:45 and the same issue a was occurring.

On Thursday 22 Feb  two whats apps calls were made and the line was fine. So I'm not sure if anything has been changed from your side.

In regards to streaming. I don't stream too much but noticed a few buffer issues on a firestick today, additionally i had a family member come around and they were using an android device and the said their  phone kept disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi.( not sure if this is related but aim trying to prove as much detail to you to fix this issue)

S patel
0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

OK thanks. Coud you switch the router and ONT off and leave them off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

I do use limited streaming apps but I have not noticed any lags or buffering.

S patel
0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

OK thanks. Do you use any streaming services? If you do have you noticed any performance issues such as buffering?

Chris

0 Likes

Spatel28
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 24

What’s apps is the main app I use for video and voice calls. I think face time may also have the issue but as it not really the primary app I can’t say for sure.  I think I use to have this issue with face time too. At some times in the day there is some issues where webpages don’t load but this random.

S patel
0 Likes