cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

hidden network

SarahMawson
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I had an HP printer and have had problems connecting since I have had my eero router. In the list of networks showing available mine is always hidden and I could not connect.

Now I have purchased a Canon printer hoping to resolve the issue and I still can't print anything out. I uninstall and re install every time and nothing works.

This is very frustrating.

Please tell me how to unhide my network so it is always visible when I need to connect a printer?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

There are several things here with an Eero:-

1. It does not support WPS at all, so you need to manually connect the printer to the SSID (not the hidden one, see below) and enter your password. Not all printers support a manual connection method.
  2. There is a hidden WiFi network (SSID) from the Eero, this cannot be used by any devices. This is the backhaul connection between the different Eero nodes that for a mesh network. You need to connect to the one SSID provided with your Eero or whatever you might have renamed it to.

With the lack of WPS, I do have a workaround, but it requires the temporary use of an old router if you have one.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you had a look at the below Help Guide?

Problems connecting a device to eero - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes