NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issues for new Future Fibre 500 Customer

jamesrudd
First Timer
Message 12 of 12

Hello

I joined TT on the FF500 package and services went live on 30 March 2022

I was previously with BT on their FTTP package and ordered the service on 1 March 

TT advised an engineer was required to install the ONT so thats why a 30 day wait but i advised that there was a live ONT that they just needed to take over but it still took 30 days (and no engineer appointment)

Since then the my account hasnt been activated and I have recieved no bills - i have rung up a couple of times to question when i will get a bill and keep getting fobbed off and strangely every time I get asked if my services are live which they clearly are

Im not really bothered about not being billed as thats only TT who are losing out but worried that my services could stop randomly if my account hasnt been set up properly - me and my wife both work from home and if we lose our internet then we cant work 

Really regretting changing from BT now 

Any suggestions on what can be done to ensure 'my account' gets activated and I get billed correctly?

I was previously with TT at this address on ASDL and then FTTC but changed to Virgin late 2017 and then to BT FTTP mid 2020

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

jamesrudd
First Timer
Message 2 of 12

Hello Arne - Thanks for this - Ive gone back to BT and my go live date is 23 June 2022

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

If your transfer away, and let us know when the go live date is, we can stop whatever work is going on in the background.

jamesrudd
First Timer
Message 4 of 12

Ok thanks for confirming

What would happen if I go back to BT and then before it goes live with them you sort out the issue at your end....?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Technically the account isnt live so we couldn't generate a charge. So no. 

0 Likes

jamesrudd
First Timer
Message 6 of 12

If i changed back to BT will I get an early termination fee though....? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Sorry that this is ongoing.

The latest update is that the network team are trying to re-activate the account from this side. 

To transfer away you can contact the new provider to take over the line they will do the rest.

Apologies again.

0 Likes

jamesrudd
First Timer
Message 8 of 12

I did another chat with someone who seemed to think i was not getting billed because I was in a 3 month free promotion period? This isnt correct as my offer was for £40pm with no set up fee and £100 reward card. They seem to just make it up! They also said it would definately be fixed by Monday (6th June)

I simply cant wait any longer for this to resolve - my worry is that when/if I have a service issue (very likely from my experience so far with TT) that they wont be able to fix it as they think im not live 

I think the time has come for me to move over to  service provider that I have confidence in to provide me with a reliable service

Please send me a returns bag so I can return the Eero and  happy for you to bill me for the 'service' provided up to date

Is it just a matter of ordering FTTP with BT/Sky/EE who will take over the ONT??

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12
0 Likes

jamesrudd
First Timer
Message 10 of 12

2 months now still with no bill - bet if i put in to change back to BT you will be quick to bill me then - shambolic 

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi @jamesrudd

Thank you for your post

I'll pass this to our billing team to get the account updated

I will let you know when they reply.