cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

CALLER ID STOPPED DISPLAYING ON PHONE

MOLAR32
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Live Chat with Gioremiel suggested the fault was with our phone. We no longer received Caller ID only "EXTERNAL" on the screen. We carried out all suggested repairs, and eventually bought a new phone - same problem!  Original phone works perfectly in our daughters home. Very disappointed with available help from Talk Talk - not able to speak to anyone in person, or by Live Chat.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

OK I've made a change, can you please retest and let me know if it's made any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi MOLAR32,

I'll take a look at this now and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Sorry the instructions didn't work for you - I forgot to add that I had to log off and back on again for the caller display to stop showing 'withheld'.  Hope you can change to another provider, but I have another 22 months contract with TalkTalk.   It really is a challenge trying to get them to sort out problems quickly and efficiently (never had any problems with Sky - other than the price increases)!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi MOLAR32,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes

MOLAR32
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Many thanks for suggestions to solve our caller display problem - however nothing changes after following all the instructions. We're convinced its due to ZOOM OPERATIONS IN OUR AREA as neighbours are having same problems. TALK TALK  no help at all, unable to speak to anybody by phone or live chat. SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING CHANGING OUR NETWORK PROVIDER!

0 Likes

Swift/10
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Had a problem with Caller ID sometimes showing "withheld" rather than the number.  After one and a half hours on the phone with TalkTalk, the problem was resolved!  Went into My Account,

Profile and Settings,

My Telephone settings

Privacy features

Ticked Caller display.

It works!

0 Likes

Swift/10
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem with Caller ID, most calls now show "Number Withheld" instead of the caller's number.  It's a nightmare trying to contact TalkTalk, but I'll have to pluck up courage at some time to try and sort it out.  Not sure why a few phone numbers are still shown, but the majority are not!!!  Any helpful suggestions?

0 Likes