cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Call blocking

ColonelPanic232
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi everyone,

My landline 'phone contract with TalkTalk blocks spam calls and ones made from withheld numbers (because I have paid extra for this to happen). Recently, a couple of people have contacted me saying that they've tried to contact me using my home phone but have been unable to do so.

Whilst I am very grateful not to be bothered with spam calls and ones from scammers (at least for the most part), is it possible that the call screening is in fact being too aggressive and blocks some good calls to my 'phone along with the bad ones? If so, how do I rectify this?

Thanks in advance,

CP .

- CP
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for replying. My GP surgery is pretty good at being contactable (you just have to wait). Also, thank you for the info re spammers but I dislike "caller withheld" calls on principle, not just because spammers use them.

- CP
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Two further points you may find helpful when considering this are

Spammers spoof numbers as you have found, so the old days of them withholding numbers have now gone.

Whilst Call Safe has it's own white list of numbers used by say, medical practitioners, these are normally withheld by nature so customers can't use these numbers to call back one. Some numbers used by these may be missing from this whitelist and if withheld they won't be able to get through 

I've had to add my GP when they have announced themselves as they added some new lines during COVID when they went phone only appointments.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thank you for replying fr8ys.

I definitely want to keep anonymous / withheld number call blocking but adding people whom I want to hear from to my accepted number list sounds like a good idea.

Truth be known, I don't know much about CallSafe and how it works and need to read up on it now.

- CP
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you are using Call Safe, I'd suggest removing the withheld number boost as I suspect those who can't get through withold their number.

Spammers rarely, if ever, leave their name for to accept or reject. I've not had a spam call on my landline for 5 years.

Or if you wish to retain withheld numbers, try adding that person to your accepted number list in my account and then ask them to phone you to see if they get through. Even though they withold the number, it's you who can't see it but the system can, and should allow it through.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes