cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Caller display says "Anonymous Out of Area" since Talktalk VOIP fault

Trumpetman1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I spent 3.5 hours on the chat line trying explain that there was a fault on my phone. It did not ring. 

The next day I had a text from TT informing me that many people had a fault with their digital voice (Grandstream) and their engineers were working to fix it. The agents on the chat line obviously hadn't been informed of this and if they had I wouldn't have wasted those 3.5 hours. 

A couple of days later another text arrives informing me it had been rectified. But this has thrown up another fault that when the phone rings the caller display says "Anonymous Out of Area". This happens on all calls, even local calls. 

Reading through posts I am certainly not alone. 

Are the engineers looking into this? 

Been messing with computers sice the Z80 in the late 70s.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hello,

Our team have advised that this should now be resolved. Is your Caller Display now working ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed the Caller Display issue straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now for further investigation and will post back here as soon as we receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Laatest update Tuesday 2nd January 2024 - 12:50.

I have just (again) reset the Grandstream and now I am able to make and receive landline calls BUT it is back to the message on caller display "Anonymous Out of Area".

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

As advised by Chris, I powered down everything for 30 minutes which has well and truly screwed my digital voice. I can make landline calls but am back to square 1, not being able to receive a landline call.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Thanks for trying that, when you pick up the phone is there a tone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

I did as you suggested; now when I call from my mobile it doesn't connect at all, so it is worse now than before since I can't receive any calls.

What is going on with this VOIP? So many people complaining about it.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks. I can't see any issues at our end so can you switch the ONT, eero and grandstream off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

The caller display says incoming call' the changes to 'Anonymous Out of Area' so it has not been fixed. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Trumpetman1,

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing the issue with caller display?

Chris

Message 10 of 12

I, and many others on this forum, have reset the Grandstream several times to no avail.

As I have said before, this has only started since the talktalk engineers corrected a fault that stopped the phone from ringing. This has thrown up this new fault.

Can they be contacted and advised of this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Trumpetman1

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you tried powering down both the router and grandstream for a couple of minutes?

0 Likes