cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Complaint over unfixed, fault with landline call boosts and callsafe

Pacman69
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 42

Hello, not sure where to start but will try keep short and too point.

A number of months now I spoted on my telephone boosts options that there was an offer on " Unlimitited UK calls bost"  the was a £4 pm discount.  So I unselected the current " Unlimitited UK calls bost" ( full price ) and selceted save.  Nice £4pm saving I thought, now next bill came and ALL of my calls were billed that the boost should have covered.  I contacted talktalk after a waiting till next bill in case was refund due to switch over etc but same again.  I again contacted talktalk and they just wanted to do a refund.  I questioned if there was a fault with my bosts as calls should be free?  The agent told me " I don't know, and I don't know how to raise it if there was.  I just deal with billing " 🤔  She did say she'd raise it with he Manager.

During this all on going, I've spoted my caller display, call safe , anno caller reject , ex-directory listing? seems to also have packed up.  I think the " Unlimitited UK calls bost " is now working as I've got a free UK call on my upcoming bill?!?!?

I've contact talktalk countless times and point out the bosts not working but get told " oh, it looks as if billing is dealing with this and put back to them"  They tell me the same thing as the lady did they don't look at faults 😵

I've tried re-activeting call safe on line says will take a few mins and never turns on. On the phone I get a message say unable to active please contact us. 😡

We are now getting loads cold calls etc a day and also from numbers we had blocked via call safe.

I seem to be going round and round with this, can someone on here a MOD may be??

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41

Message 1 of 42

We can leave the fault log open but it will auto close soon, the issue previously was that there was an extra system that needed updating for the VIOP service, I cant foresee any issues now we know this. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 42

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk ,

I've just checked and Anon' Caller reject seems to be working.  I can a nice man saying this number is not accepting calls from withheld numbers.  Call safe and Caller display are also still working so at this point in time all seems fixed.

Can I ask the fault/log to be left open for a while for me to monitor.  Just as been at this point before, then a few days later all the bosts stop working?

Thanks

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 42

Hi @Pacman69

Can you check Anon Caller reject, the faults team have closed it as resolved. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

I admit Call safe seems to be stoping a good percentage of calls.  That said I feel that Anon Call bar whould be good also for me.

Thanks

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 42

Working on it,  in relation to anonymous callers, if they call, withholding their number, they will hit callsafe, this usually deters them from continuing, is it worth having both? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 42

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk ,

Just checked Caller display and it seems to be working, Call Safe is also still working.  However Anon caller is NOT working, is this next to be looked at?

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 42
0 Likes

Message 8 of 42

Thank you for the update @Arne-TalkTalk .

I'll await to hear from you then about Anon Reject.  Is there any info on Caller display or is it best to sort Anon rejec working with call safe first?

Thanks

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 42

Update, im trying to find out if anon caller reject is incompatible with callsafe on a VIOP line.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 42

Please can I have some feed back / fix from Talktalk / @Arne-TalkTalk ref my last few posts thanks.

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 42

I think you have to follow the Complaints process to the letter, @Pacman69, so that everything is logged in the system correctly. 

Follow the instructions given in the Complaints link.

Threads on the forum are not always correctly time stamped, as there can be delays with escalation etc, whereas every phone call / Chat / email will be correct for them keeping track.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 42

@Arne-TalkTalk I thought that rasing a fault around this is what I was doing via you on here?  Call safe seems to still be working so @Arne-TalkTalk please can you rasie a fault around Anon caller bar and Caller display asap.

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2, I've read though the guide and it points towards advising me to rasie it with the complaints teams via online chat , email or phone.  There is no mention of via here though @Arne-TalkTalk Can you bring this to the complaints teams notice via here?  Mainly around lengeth of time this has take sort and amount of contacts with talktalk that have been needed.

Thanks

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 42

See the Complaints link at the foot of the page, @Pacman69.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 42

I thought that you had been rasing this as a fault each time you passed it to the back of house teams?

If its not already been done please can you rasie this as a fault. I want callsafe, caller display and anon caller reject active on my line.

Please can advise me arround making a complaint.  Is there any guideance arround this?

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 42

Im sorry that this is still causing issues,   the ombudsmen (CISAS) will advise you to follow the complaints process first, then after 8 weeks they can take up the case. 

My Suggestion is to remove Anon caller reject as call safe should deter anyone withholding there number anyway. 

Then we could log a fault for caller display. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 42

Hello @Arne-TalkTalk ,

It seems you was correct around the VOIP outage as my landline is now working again.

I've just tried my landline and can report that Callsafe is now working and active on my line.  YET again though Caller Display and Anon' caller reject have stoped working.  I've lost track around how many times this has happend, when a service I asked for is added another fails.  Why on earth can Talktalk not get the services I've requested AND PAYING for " Call safe, Anon' caller reject and caller display " working together as one on my line.  I am now considering consulting with the Communications Ombudsman around this issue.

Please fix this!!!!

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 42
0 Likes

Message 18 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

I tried to ring my landline from my mobile and all seemed ok, I got the call safe system asking me my name and to press " # " and then wait to be approved.  I did this and pressed " #  ", I heard the ringing tone on\via my mobile.  I then waited for my landline to ring with the call safe system to approve myself/mobile.  My landline never rang and after about a 10 sec's of me listening to ringing via my mobile call safe said the person you are calling is on another call and can't approve you", It then hang up.  I tried to ring my mobile from my landline and just got and engaged tone as if I was talking on my mobile.

I've tried turning my talktalk landline VOIP box off and on as it seems to me that my line seems suck and the network thinks my line is in use?  Please advised ASAP as now I've got no landline at all 😞

Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 42

Hi Pacman69

Is callsafe working again? 

it was re-added last week. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 42

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk ,

Thats correct Call safe is NOT working agian, it's showing as dissabled in My Account settings.  Please see pic, attached, I've of course deleted my account and phone number from pic.

Reading your last post about adding the services one by one, I thought Talktalk had turned it off?  I guess not?

Callsafe.png
Thanks Pacman.
0 Likes