cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Fault On Home Phone Line

Ronjoe90
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

In August/September 2023 my home phone number developed a fault that I reported to Talk Talk.

I would receive an incoming call from a random number in the UK who would ask me if I had just phoned them as my number was indicated on their device. I had not phoned them but my number had been used to contact them. I received about twenty such calls over a two month period with the same question and my answer was to apologise but I hadn't phoned and my provider would be informed.

I contacted Talk Talk who organised an Open Reach engineer to visit my property and fully test my system. This was done and although all proved to be active and faultless, the calls still continued.

In February 2024 we have had ten fault calls and I contacted Talk Talk who again organised an Open Reach engineer to test our system which again proved to be in working order. I explained the fault to the engineer who said she would call it a Spoof call where someone was masking their number with mine and making the call.

I tried to use the Talk Talk Chat line but the two operatives I dealt with were not receptive to my concern and wasted a considerable amount of time repeating non influencing questions.

Today 1-3-2024, I have spoken to five Talk Talk personnel and eventually decided to have my home number changed to prevent a recurrence of this 

Spoof unconventional fault. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes