cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

HELP needed to end 6 week number porting nightmare

GusMcN
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 13 of 13

I moved from Talktalk to Vodafone on Feb 15th.

Talktalk took a month to release my landline number to Vodafone and have somehow cocked it up as nobody on the Talktalk network can connect to my landline. No problem with other networks.

They say it's not their problem as they no longer control the number.

Vodafone say they can't raise a ticket with Openreach unless I provide them with details of 3 telephone numbers that can't reach me.

I only know one other Talktalk user, my 86 year old mother-in-law who is extremely distressed at not being able to contact her daughter.

I have spoken to several Talktalk representatives and demonstrated to them that they themselves cannot ring my number but they have refused to give me the calling details that I need to progress my complaint with Vodafone.

I need 2 people with Talktalk provided telephone service (landline or mobile) to ring my landline number and when they fail to connect (as they will) provide me with

• the number they rang from 
  • the date and time 
  • what happened when they rang (ring tone/call dropped/message)

If you are willing to help please contact me by email at XXXXXXXXX and I will provide my landline number.

Thank you

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

OK Gus, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

She is told "The number you are dialling is not answering. Please try later". As indeed are all TalkTalk customers who ring.

You can relax. I've implemented Plan B and asked for help on Facebook and have now accumulated enough evidence to allow Vodafone to open a ticket with OpenReach or whoever it is that actually sorts this kind of thing out. and who no doubt will be in touch with TalkTalk.

I expect my only further communications with TalkTalk to be about compensation. 

Thanks for your efforts.

Gus

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Sorry, yes I had read your post. When your line is called from your Mother-in-laws telephone, what happens exactly? Is there a tone on your Mother-in-laws telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13
PREVIEW
Did you read my post?
  1. It's my my mother-in-law
  2. "I have spoken to several Talktalk representatives and demonstrated to them that they themselves cannot ring my number but they have refused to give me the calling details that I need to progress my complaint with Vodafone."

If you need further confirmation I can DM you my landline number and you can try ringing it on a TalkTalk phone.  You will fail and I'd be grateful if you could then provide me with the call details as specified.

At the moment I'm  stuck between TalkTalk's refusal to do do anything meaningful to resolve the situation and Vodafone's inability to raise aticket without having 3 numbers that don't work.

I'm now off to try and talk to your complaints department about why they keep threatening to ring me but never do.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi GusMcN,

Just to confirm, you say that no-one on the TalkTalk network can connect to your landline but you only have one number that can't reach you. Do you know for sure that other TalkTalk numbers (other than your Mother's) can't reach you?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

What you are suggesting is completely against the code of conduct for this forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

GusMcN
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

That's what I've been doing for weeks now, so you'll understand I'm not holding my breath. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Wait for staff support. 

0 Likes

GusMcN
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

Apparently emails are  no-no.

If anyone wants to help then direct message me. I'm desperate!

0 Likes

GusMcN
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

@Gliwmaeden2

I have already escalated this. I have an official complaint number CMP-641552. I get texts in the morning telling me someone will ring between 16.00 and 18.00 and then nobody does. I have spent hours on the phone to support. I have lost all faith in TalkTalk's official channels which is why I thought I'd try the community.

If you really want to help and you have a TalkTalk phone then contact me via the email I gave, attempt to call the number I give you and report the result.

Next step is to publish the whole sorry saga on Facebook and see if any of my friends are with TalkTalk.

GusMcN

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Moving this to the Home Phone section for attention from staff, as this cannot be escalated from the area you posted in, @GusMcN.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

@GusMcN, even a temporary email address shouldn't be displayed in the public arena.

No ordinary members can fulfill your request. 

You'll need to wait for staff to be back on the forum during the day to look into this for you. They'll identify your old Talktalk account from the landline number in your community profile. Only you and staff have access to that. 

They respond during the day Monday to Friday, only through the forum.

Please read the community guidelines for what is and is not appropriate information to share in the public domain etc.

0 Likes